We are halfway to hitting our goal of paying the monthly server bill on May 1.
This is the second month in a row we've been short. If you can help, please do!
Click the thermometer to learn more.

Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily hit total

Daily hit total

I only got to do about 89 hits today and I was stupidly doing penny hits (after reading the thread about that here I won't be doing that again). Anyway, who sets the limit as to how many you can do a day? Amazon? I went to my account page and set a low daily goal (because today is my first day). Does that have something to do with the reason they limited my daily hits?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frisbee View Post
    I only got to do about 89 hits today and I was stupidly doing penny hits (after reading the thread about that here I won't be doing that again). Anyway, who sets the limit as to how many you can do a day? Amazon? I went to my account page and set a low daily goal (because today is my first day). Does that have something to do with the reason they limited my daily hits?
    When you first sign up Amazon limits you to Accepting 100 HITs for 10 days - like a probationary period. After that your limit is the same as everyone else's 3800 HITs per day So, you just need to get through the next 10 days, your returns and expireds count.

Welcome to TurkerNation and to turking. I'm really glad you found us.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 593 Posts

During your first ten days you are limited to accepting 100 HITs. Any returns or expired HITs count in that total. This limit is set by Amazon and is lifted after the ten day probationary period has been fulfilled. After that you can complete 3800 tasks per day should you be so inclined.

eta- jinx on walkerz

I have another question regarding this. Do you happen to know when the daily limit resets again to zero? Is it midnight? Is it 24 hours later than the last one you did?

Thanks

Pretty sure it's midnight in Amazon-land, California. Everything else on Amazon resets at midnight Pacific time.

CF

Yes it seemed to reset at 2AM CST so I think you're right.

Thanks
    Does the 10 day probation period apply to me if I had my account a long time ago but didn't do much with it?

Quote Originally Posted by kwojo618 View Post
    Does the 10 day probation period apply to me if I had my account a long time ago but didn't do much with it?
    I don't think so- I'm in the same boat. I worked on hits years ago, but now that I'm a full-time sahm, I want to do mturk as much as possible.

Thanks
    I don't know if this is new or if mTurk is just messing with me, but I am locked out today (it's only 9AM CST) at 80 HITs. I'm in my probationary period. I did send an email to them asking if the limit has been dropped lower. My goal for the past seven days has been to hit the 100 HIT mark. I have been unable to get over 80 before being locked out for the day. I guess we'll see what they say and I'll let you all know.

Thanks
    Update: I got the basic "there's a cap limit on new turkers" email with no explanation of why I'm only getting 80-85 per day. I tried replying and asking again, but no response. Oh well, I only have two more days until my cap comes off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast