Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All my thanks are gone?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 477 Posts

Unhappy All my thanks are gone?

It seems most of the thanks I received as well as thanks I have given have been lost.

I never really paid attention to how many thanks I have but noticed today that it said something like "Thanked 12 times in 11 posts" under my name which is kind of unlikely given that I've been here for years.

When I look at my profile/About Me page there is nothing at all for thanks received and given.

So what happened, and can it be fixed?

I look like the member nobody likes lol
    Last edited by tigger; 03-06-2015 at 06:28 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,340 Posts

Hey Tigger! I'm hoping SpamGirl will jump in and confirm - if I recall correctly a few weeks ago(?) some work was done on the forum, some changes were made, that reset everyone's "Thanks" numbers. Is it possible you may just not have noticed until now?

I'm a "serial thanker" So, I've started going back and thanking your posts to help offset. But please know, that you and your kitty avatar are appreciated and loved

Thanks
    Thanked 51,300 Times in 20,512 Posts

Tigger all I have to add is I think for those who don't post in the daily hits thread regularly, they are feeling pretty unthanked right now. It couldn't be further from the truth.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,848 Times in 2,212 Posts

About a month ago all thanks were lost when we added that social bar at the top of the forum. Everyone was reset, so it's an equal race for the top again
    It's all good.

Thanks

Here's to everyone that has made mTurk possible and enjoyable!

Keep on Turking. . .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by walkerz View Post
    Hey Tigger! I'm hoping SpamGirl will jump in and confirm - if I recall correctly a few weeks ago(?) some work was done on the forum, some changes were made, that reset everyone's "Thanks" numbers. Is it possible you may just not have noticed until now?

I'm a "serial thanker" So, I've started going back and thanking your posts to help offset. But please know, that you and your kitty avatar are appreciated and loved
    Oh I seeeee! Yes it is possible I hadn't noticed until today Like I said I never really pay attention to my 'thank count'.

And now I understand why I had so many notifications today that you thanked my posts. That is so sweet of you!

(My little kitty avatar - that was my Tommy. He died over a year ago. Still missing him so!)

Quote Originally Posted by tscreener View Post
    Tigger all I have to add is I think for those who don't post in the daily hits thread regularly, they are feeling pretty unthanked right now. It couldn't be further from the truth.
    Thank you! I will try and come by there more often! Maybe I can still catch up with your 1700 Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by spamgirl View Post
    About a month ago all thanks were lost when we added that social bar at the top of the forum. Everyone was reset, so it's an equal race for the top again

I like that social bar! It's a very convenient tool. Thank you spam!

Thanks

Oh and something else odd: most of the time I see no thank count under my avatar at all. Sometimes I do, but most of the time it's just a blank space. Although I can see everyone else's. Must be a glitch. Now you see it, now you don't ...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,848 Times in 2,212 Posts

Mine is blank for me too, it's a glitch
    It's all good.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post

(My little kitty avatar - that was my Tommy. He died over a year ago. Still missing him so!)
    I'm sorry about your Tommy. I'm always happy to see his sweet face when you post. Isn't it amazing just how much love and joy our pets can bring to our lives

Thanks

Thank you walkerz. Yes he was my little star I loved him to bits.
    He was 16 years old and died of kidney and heart failure in September 2013. Still miss his loud purr next to my pillow.
    Tommy_King2.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast