We typically are NOT getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. We need your help! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Tips and Tricks for Newbies

Hi, I am a newbie with only 2 months in & only about an hour a day. I read somewhere to not enter your zip code. It seems like half the surveys I do ask for it. Can I skip it and not get a rejection? I've only had one rejection so far and was devastated! I've since recovered.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,707 Times in 2,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2three View Post
    Hi, I am a newbie with only 2 months in & only about an hour a day. I read somewhere to not enter your zip code. It seems like half the surveys I do ask for it. Can I skip it and not get a rejection? I've only had one rejection so far and was devastated! I've since recovered.
    If they ask, you have to provide it. The problem is that it could be used to discriminate against you, or to identify you, but generally surveys will ask and will use it as they wish. It's up to you to decide if you want to take the risk or not.
    It's all good.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2three View Post
    I am new too, 4 days in. I feel a bit like a fish out of water but maybe even more so posting in a forum. I'm not entirely sure how these work. I've always thought they seemed like a jumbled mess, I guess it's time to figure it out. I would say a zip code isn't much as far as personal info but what do I know.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apehend For This Useful Post:

I don't really get these forums either. I keep trying though. I guess that's all we do!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom2three For This Useful Post:

Thank all of you experienced tickets for the great information. This is a little confusing to a newbie.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tacey For This Useful Post:

Just a quick post to say thanks for the tips and allowing me to join the group. I've only been on MTurk for about 4 or 5 months and don't do it full time - I have a full time job. But I work on MTurk at lunch, and in the evenings when I'm just sitting in front of the TV. It's interesting to me and a good way to make a few extra dollars, which I just have credited to an Amazon gift card - but that allows me to buy my books and other miscellaneous stuff I need with that instead of using money out of my budget. I look forward to making some new friends and getting some good tips and will always share if I have any.
    Julie

11. The Following User Says Thank You to julz10115 For This Useful Post:

I got my first rejection because I put the wrong code in. I had copies a code from the previous hit and forgot to copy the new one...pasted it into the box of the wrong hit and they rejected it. So I messged the requester and explained what happened and they fixed it. It took some time but eventually I got that rejection removed.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

*** Forum Supporter & Moderator *** Rosie The Robot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,079 Times in 2,231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I got my first rejection because I put the wrong code in. I had copies a code from the previous hit and forgot to copy the new one...pasted it into the box of the wrong hit and they rejected it. So I messged the requester and explained what happened and they fixed it. It took some time but eventually I got that rejection removed.
    Whew! That's a good requester! You should reward them by leaving them a good review on Turk Opticon.

Sent by means of Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,707 Times in 2,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie The Robot View Post
    Whew! That's a good requester! You should reward them by leaving them a good review on Turk Opticon.
    Indeed! They're not usually that kind
    It's all good.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Newbie here! Thanks for all the great information.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast