We are halfway to hitting our goal of paying the monthly server bill on May 1.
This is the second month in a row we've been short. If you can help, please do!
Click the thermometer to learn more.

Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Tips and Tricks for Newbies

Thanks
    Thanked 9,339 Times in 3,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JBennett View Post
    So if I installed tampermonkey I can then post?
    Welcome to Turker Nation!

Tampermonkey is very useful for scripts, but it has nothing to do with posting here.

Join us in the Daily HIT thread, you'll learn a lot there.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

Thank you so much for all of this helpful information. I had no idea there was this much to being a turker!

Hi! Newbie to this website. Just wanted to say hello!

Thanks for all the great info! I’m not new to mturk (been working for about 6 months) but I’m just now getting serious about it and this forum is such a wealth of info!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bburks1214 For This Useful Post:

I was just approved yesterday and finished my first 6 hits earlier today. Anything I was unsure about I backed out of immediately. From what I'm reading that is an okay thing to do.
    How long did it take you to get the approval for the next level....master? How long did it take to get 5000? What is the reward for getting to 5000?
    These questions might have been asked and answered by others but I only got through the first 7 or 8 pages, and the last page, of the newbie thread.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to oldlou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,427 Times in 2,419 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldlou View Post
    I was just approved yesterday and finished my first 6 hits earlier today. Anything I was unsure about I backed out of immediately. From what I'm reading that is an okay thing to do.
    How long did it take you to get the approval for the next level....master? How long did it take to get 5000? What is the reward for getting to 5000?
    These questions might have been asked and answered by others but I only got through the first 7 or 8 pages, and the last page, of the newbie thread.
    1) Yes, returning things you're not sure about is a GREAT way to work!

2) Masters is handed out once a year seemingly at random. Many people have worked on mTurk for 10+ years and don't have it. Masters isn't something you attain with skill, longevity, or accuracy. It's literally handed out at random based on being lucky enough to have done a test batch of hidden HITs. It's not something you should pine for since there's no way for you to work to achieve it.

3) If you do 100 HITs a day, you can get to 5,000 in less than 60 days, obviously. It depends on what sort of work you want to do, how much time you have, how willing you are to do really crappy work, etc. Which sucks.

4) There is NO reward for hitting 5,000 HITs completed other than more work opens up which has qualifications set to having more than 5,000 HITs completed.
    It's all good.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Sometimes when I click on a survey page I get a blank screen. It has happened twice today. Is it something wrong with the survey or is it my ad blocker software?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,339 Times in 3,459 Posts

Sometimes when I click on a survey page I get a blank screen. It has happened twice today. Is it something wrong with the survey or is it my ad blocker software?
    I don't know, but I don't recommend you use ad blocker software for Turking. At least put all Turking pages on your white list. Make sure you don't have a pop up blocker running.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,427 Times in 2,419 Posts

This happens to me as well. If you use NoScript or ScriptSafe, you have to Trust the domain. If you use AdBlocker or AdBlocker Plus, you may have to turn it off, but it's more likely a script blocking extension.
    It's all good.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Hi all, I'm sure it's been asked before, and I think I read it somewhere, I just cant seem to find the info now that I need it... is there a place I can check a requester before completing their hits? I know many use turkopticon, but my computer is *just* this side of too slow already, I hesitate to put any add ons onto my browser. I don't know if there is a running list kept somewhere? The requester I'm contemplating is "CopyText, INC"... I did one for them - as I try to do, to "feel them out"... and they still have not approved that first HIT I did for them 4 days ago. This makes me leery. But on a very Slow Saturday afternoon, there's not much else I'm qualified to do posted. My "go to" requester has nothing on weekends, apparently. Also, I will browse through more, but is there a penalty for returned hits? I've 'accepted' a few surveys that claim they have 80-ish left, but once you accept and try to go to it, it says "Sorry this Survey is now closed.", meaning I have to return the hit... I'm hoping to one day claim that elusive "Masters" and fear this will prevent it.... thoughts? Thanks to anyone who read this, and thank you ALL for every bit of info and input you have put into this site... makes it a lot better knowing you're all out there too!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MayDay For This Useful Post:

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast