We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: What's for Dinner?

Thanks

What's for Dinner?

Tonight I am made green curry with basmati rice, chicken, and vegetables! It is a bit warm here (55) for such a hearty meal, but when you crave it- you crave it!
    - 1 can coconut milk
    - 3 lbs chicken
    - 4 bell peppers/or 1 bag of frozen, sliced bell peppers
    - julienne carrots
    - curry powder to taste
    - 2 cups basmati rice

Cook chicken over stove, then slice in long, thin pieces (think fajitas). Add all vegetables and saute over stove with FULLY cooked chicken. Add coconut milk and spices- simmer for 20 minutes. While simmering prepare the rice. Serve curry over rice and enjoy!

What's on your plate tonight?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,163 Times in 1,340 Posts

That sounds so much better than anything I have made in a week! I'm a bit inspired now, I'll hit the grocery store in the morning and make something good for dinner tomorrow night. I'll be back townie

I grilled a steak tonight, because I might not be able to find the grill tomorrow with all the snow heading right for the East Coast. I added saut?ed mushrooms and also baked sliced brussels sprouts drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with a bit of ham. (It was ham, because I ate the leftover bacon from this morning that I was supposed to save...)

Thanks

Must be something in the air...I made a mild curry lentil/rice pilaf tonight. My house smells really good now!
    There's always SOMETHING to appreciate!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by librarian50 View Post
    I grilled a steak tonight, because I might not be able to find the grill tomorrow with all the snow heading right for the East Coast. I added saut?ed mushrooms and also baked sliced brussels sprouts drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with a bit of ham. (It was ham, because I ate the leftover bacon from this morning that I was supposed to save...)
    The sprouts sound awesome and I like the ham idea- clever! I'm going to try that with my next round of cabbage on the grill! I love a good grilled steak- I'm partial to the charcoal and hickory wood chips!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PilotGal View Post
    Must be something in the air...I made a mild curry lentil/rice pilaf tonight. My house smells really good now!
    I'm next door-- to the right of you (looking at a map), probably the scents wafting in the air inspired me!

Thanks

All-beef hot dog weiner, pasta salad, strawberries, and a half avocado. I know how weird of a combo that sounds, but I am newly diagnosed with gestational diabetes, so that is going to do it for me LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrna View Post
    All-beef hot dog weiner, pasta salad, strawberries, and a half avocado. I know how weird of a combo that sounds, but I am newly diagnosed with gestational diabetes, so that is going to do it for me LOL.
    That actually sounds super yummy! I think any meal I eat with avocado is a good one

Tonight we're having a dish that husband's family calls "Macaroni and Mousemeat". It is 2 boxes of mac and cheese, 2 cans cream of mushroom, and 2 cans tuna. You make the mac and cheese like the box says to, then add the other stuff and mix it all together. He's really a fan of it (probably from growing up on it). I've tried throwing in peas to give it some more nutritional content, but he says I'm messing with perfection when I do that.