Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60 days 10 Kilograms

Flame 60 days 10 Kilograms

Turking all day or just sitting for a prolonged period in general can be harmful for health. I have learnt this the hard way as I completely neglected my health in the last few months. I feel that I need to make some immediate lifestyle changes. So, I have challenged myself to lose 10 Kg (22 pounds) in the next 60 days. Apart from the weight loss, I also plan to achieve this:-

1. Complete C25K program.
    2. Get at least 6 hours of sleep everyday.
    3. Cut down my caffeine intake to 1 cup a day at most.
    4. Drink more water.
    5. No soda.
    6. No alcohol.

I will be using this thread to keep myself motivated and will try to update my daily activities for the next 60 days. If you guys have any helpful tips that can help me achieving my target, please do share.

To the healthier tomorrow

Thanks

My biggest tip would be to make your changes somewhat gradual (except for the sleep part; do that right away!)...cutting back drastically on caffeine is really hard on the body, but if you reduce your intake by 1 cup a day for a few days and then decrease again, you should be able to reach your goal while staying alert and feeling good. You're awesome and you can do this! Just remember to be as nice to YOU as you would be to any of us!
    There's always SOMETHING to appreciate!

Thanks

Hi Manz!

Great goals. I agree with PG, go at them gradually - I mean hit diet and exercise hard but forgive yourself a little caffeine or soda IF they're not adding calories, i.e. black coffee and diet soda.

You will do great. Can't wait for the "after" pics!

Please tell me about a "C25K" program. Sounds like exercise. Is it running a 25k? That's a big goal. Please expand on this.

Best wishes.

CF

Quote Originally Posted by cfinley View Post
    Hi Manz!

Great goals. I agree with PG, go at them gradually - I mean hit diet and exercise hard but forgive yourself a little caffeine or soda IF they're not adding calories, i.e. black coffee and diet soda.

You will do great. Can't wait for the "after" pics!

Please tell me about a "C25K" program. Sounds like exercise. Is it running a 25k? That's a big goal. Please expand on this.

Best wishes.

CF
    Thank you Cfinley. C25k (couch to 5k) is an app which helps you build your stamina gradually and help you get ready to run 5k in 8 weeks. As the name suggests, anybody at any fitness level can start using it, the transition of different levels is so smooth you'll never feel you can't do it.
    I have completed it once a few years ago. It's definitely worth revisiting.

Sounds good Manzician. I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions on specific plans and diets, and I know that many of them have questionable benefits, but I've recently started trying this thing where you eat for 8 hours in a day and fast for 16. Supposedly bodybuilders have been using this with good results; also, the actor Hugh Jackman evidently used this approach to get into shape for the movie Wolverine. I hate to sound like an advertisement... but I find that I enjoy the "clean" feeling I get during the last four hours of the 16-hour fast. I naturally finish eating dinner around 7 or 7:30 PM, making sure I'm nice and full so I can avoid snacking at night... then in the morning I just drink black coffee and water until 11 or 11:30, completing the 16 hour fast. I don't actually skip breakfast -- I just delay it. The hunger pangs seem to decrease the more you do it, plus it's critical that you don't add milk or (heaven forbid) a sweetener to your coffee, as these would definitely increase your hunger.

Just my opinion... good luck to all!

Harris

Quote Originally Posted by harrisnyc View Post
    Sounds good Manzician. I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions on specific plans and diets, and I know that many of them have questionable benefits, but I've recently started trying this thing where you eat for 8 hours in a day and fast for 16. Supposedly bodybuilders have been using this with good results; also, the actor Hugh Jackman evidently used this approach to get into shape for the movie Wolverine. I hate to sound like an advertisement... but I find that I enjoy the "clean" feeling I get during the last four hours of the 16-hour fast. I naturally finish eating dinner around 7 or 7:30 PM, making sure I'm nice and full so I can avoid snacking at night... then in the morning I just drink black coffee and water until 11 or 11:30, completing the 16 hour fast. I don't actually skip breakfast -- I just delay it. The hunger pangs seem to decrease the more you do it, plus it's critical that you don't add milk or (heaven forbid) a sweetener to your coffee, as these would definitely increase your hunger.

Just my opinion... good luck to all!

Harris
    That is definitely an interesting approach. I can probably try it follow it for a week and see if my body is able to adapt to it. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by manzician View Post
    That is definitely an interesting approach. I can probably try it follow it for a week and see if my body is able to adapt to it. Thanks for sharing.
    Sure, glad I can help somehow. I've always believed the people who say that fasting can be very good for your health, and this diet is a form of Intermittent Fasting. Some people do this ("IF") by fasting completely or by having just about 500 calories anywhere from 1 to 3 days per week... I've tried that, though, and I find the 16/8 to be much easier. There is a book on this -- Amazon has it here:
    http://www.amazon.com/8-Hour-Diet-Di...sin=B0096DZNRM

Update:- Off to a great start. Got enough sleep both days and and only had 1 coffee (supplemented by some green tea). Workout has been slow, just been doing some warm ups and getting back in the groove.

Thanks

wrote in the wrong place D: aggggggggghhhhhhh

PS: congrats manzician (((((:
    Last edited by nefes; 01-27-2015 at 06:20 PM. Reason: cuz
    walkerz's biggest fan

Thanks

How's in going Manz? Still at it? Startin' to look racy?

It's tough to keep going, I know, but I thought I'd throw this back up to the top for some motivation - or shaming, as it were.

Love, kisses and a kick in the butt!

CF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast