We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: First Build for Artman

First Build for Artman

Wooooo! Everything is running smoothly except for one odd quirk with turning it on... Way less CPU usage than my previous laptop which I spent much more money on. I took the SDD out of my laptop and downgraded to one monitor from two for the time being. Later on, I might buy a GPU instead of just using the APU. Strange thing is it won't turn on unless I tilt the whole case a certain way. I checked cables and for any loose material and just can't seem to find anything. Once it's running though it stays on no problem.

Case + PSU: LOGISYS Computer CS136BK Micro ATX Computer Case with 480W Power Supply
    APU: AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1GHz (4.4GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop Processor - Black Edition AMD Radeon HD 8670D
    Mobo: ASUS A55BM-E FM2+ / FM2 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model BLT8G3D1869DT1TX0
    SSD: Samsung MZ-7TE250BW 840 EVO SATAIII TLC Solid State Drive SSD 250GB

*** In the mail ***
    Keyboard: Rosewill RK-8300 Wired Gaming Keyboard, Anti-ghosting, 5 Profiles Setting, Adjustable Key Speed

When did you purchase everything? It sounds like you may have a faulty case or PSU. Either that or your PSU might not be supplying enough power. If it's a defective part, you should try RMAing it before it's too late! Good luck with getting it to work 100%.