We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Playoffs and Superbowl

Thanks

2015 Playoffs and Superbowl

There have got to be people out there who are as addicted to football (American) as I am. Right? Yes, the quiet, mild-mannered, computer challenged, me is a football nut. The quiet is replaced by yelling, mild mannered turns into the couch coach, but I remain computer challenged throughout the season.

So, what do you think? Who's winning this weekend's games? Who's going to the Superbowl? Coaches you love/hate? Players?

Full disclosure: I am a Lions fan. Perhaps that's more of a confession? I have all sorts of opinions, but I'd rather wait to share until I've found more people to share them with that just myself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cashewmom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 49,275 Times in 19,764 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cashewmom View Post
    There have got to be people out there who are as addicted to football (American) as I am. Right? Yes, the quiet, mild-mannered, computer challenged, me is a football nut. The quiet is replaced by yelling, mild mannered turns into the couch coach, but I remain computer challenged throughout the season.

So, what do you think? Who's winning this weekend's games? Who's going to the Superbowl? Coaches you love/hate? Players?

Full disclosure: I am a Lions fan. Perhaps that's more of a confession? I have all sorts of opinions, but I'd rather wait to share until I've found more people to share them with that just myself.
    I'm going Seahawks all the way! The 49ers are my team, but they are pathetic and couldn't even make the playoffs. I think this is going to be a good playoff season. I'm keeping an eye on the Packers. They just might take it too. Then there is the Patriots, but we all know they don't stand a chance right walkerz. The Lions aren't really on my radar, so I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tscreener For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So, walkerz is a Patriots fan? Hmm.

I'd like to see the Packers take it all and I think they can do it. I only want to see the Patriots in the Superbowl, because I'd like to see the Packers beat them again. Nothing like seeing Tom Brady pouting, unless it's watching Harbough have a little fit I'm making lots of friends here, aren't I? With Harbough heading to U of M, I'll have a continued reason to not like him - I'm a MSU fan

The Lions sort of limped into a wildcard spot. They had a good record, but their wins in the last 3-4 minutes of the game were frustrating and unnecessary for a better team. With Calvin Johnson, Ndamakon Suh, Joique Bell, etc. we should be great, but Matthew Stafford is just now where he should be. We play Dallas on Sunday and I don't think anyone has the Lions winning.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cashewmom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,163 Times in 1,340 Posts

oooh cashewmom - we're going to have to wrestle now!!

I love all things football! So, even if my Pats don't make it through I just want competitive games. I will submit that Manning face will always be more fun to watch than Tom Brady pouting

The Lions have a good chance to win against Dallas, I'm thinking about it - but my pick may be Detriot. The Cowboys are due for a meltdown, of course Detriot is also due for a Stafford injury so we'll see...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to walkerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes, I really like watching a good game. I'll end up choosing a team by the end - I can't help it.

So...this weekend's games. Any predictions?

Cardinals vs. Panthers

Ravens vs. Steelers

Bengals vs. Colts

Lions vs. Dallas

I'd say the Steelers and the Cowboys (sorry, Lions), but I don't know enough about the other two games. Maybe Cardinals and Colts?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cashewmom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm taking the Panthers, the Steelers, the Colts and....the LIONS

Thanks

In this thread a group of women talking football - I love that

13. The Following User Says Thank You to walkerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Here is another woman chiming in - football fanatic forever.

I am partial to my Dallas Cowboys and I do see them beating the Lions, but after that, I'm not sure. They turned out to be a much better team this year than I expected. Finally got more talent overall, and they are playing together as a team. I don't follow the AFC much except for the Houston Texans, and they're out of it this year.

Other games? Panthers, Steelers, and Colts. Super Bowl? Too early to call IMHO.

Super Bowl? Not really sure at this point.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyTexan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 49,275 Times in 19,764 Posts

I'm going with: Panthers (I like their uniforms), Steelers (hate um, but it just is), Colts (one of my favorite teams, so I gotta cheer them on) and sorry, but gotta go with Dallas.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tscreener For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So, the Panthers won! Gotta love an underdog

Kind of happy the Steelers lost. At least they weren't in their bumble bee uniforms last night.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast