Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Qualification needed?

Qualification needed?

I'm almost sure this is gonna sound really dumb, but I've only been at this for 1 1/2 weeks. I've reached the 1000 hit mark several days ago, but can't seem to find hits that are any different, and can't even find hits that are voted well on Turkopticon. SOOOO, what is with the qualifications? Does it help a lot and how do I get them? I really had hoped to be able to see an increase in available money benefit, but that hasn't happened and I don't know HOW to make it happen, LOL If I've missed something somewhere I'd really love it if I could be enlightened. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels, barely 10 hits in 2 days,ugh Thanks in advance for any advice!

Qualifications can be very worthwhile to get, or they can be totally worthless.

1. One way to get them is to request them through the HIT (Request Qualification). Some you will need to take a test for, some are granted automatically.
    2. Another way is to keep an eye on talk on the forum. Requesters actually come here look ing for workers and tell you to PM them if you are interested in a Qual.
    3. Also, hanging out in the TN chat room is a great way to hear about good Quals.

Keep at it. You will see an increase with time. Right now things are slow in general. The work comes and goes.
    Hope that helps

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to librarian50 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've wondered the same thing about the qualifications. I've only been on Mturk for a couple of months and I didn't know if I should ignore them or try for qualifications.
    I was glad to know that by reading the forums I can hopefully understand them better.

As a new turker, should I always click the "request qual" button regardless?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    In my experience it doesn't hurt, and it might help. I've been requesting the Masters qual since I had a few hundred

Still don't have it.

CF

Thanks
    Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    Can't hurt. *Most* of the time it will have no effect. Requesters who are using the Web UI don't even receive notice of qual requests. But there might be a qual test attached, so you won't know unless you try
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.