We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with survey and study pages deleting my information

Problems with survey and study pages deleting my information

I have recently started experiencing a technical issue on mturk that I could use some help with. Sometimes after I fill out a survey or study page and then click the next or continue button, instead of accepting my information and advancing to the next page, my information gets deleted and I have to fill out the same page again. This seems to happen more often the more time I spend on a page. This can be especially frustrating on pages where I have to do a lot of typing. I can't seem to figure out what's causing this. Has anybody else come across this problem? I appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thank you!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squirmer23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,340 Posts

Hi squirmer, that would drive me nuts!! Is it happening on a particular survey tool like qualtrics or survey monkey? Or all of them? I haven't experienced this problem but when weirdness happens for me it usually has to do with a script I've recently installed, so I'll ask you - have you installed a script or new program recently?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to walkerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squirmer23 View Post
    I have recently started experiencing a technical issue on mturk that I could use some help with. Sometimes after I fill out a survey or study page and then click the next or continue button, instead of accepting my information and advancing to the next page, my information gets deleted and I have to fill out the same page again. This seems to happen more often the more time I spend on a page. This can be especially frustrating on pages where I have to do a lot of typing. I can't seem to figure out what's causing this. Has anybody else come across this problem? I appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thank you!
    I haven't had this happen to me either, but I'd be very irritated if it happened even one time. I agree with walkerz that it could be a script. which browser are you using?
    walkerz's biggest fan

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nefes For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure if it's happening on a particular survey tool, but most of my surveys are done through qualtrics. I do have two scripts, turkopticon and another one that keeps a database of all the hits I've worked on. Neither one of those I've installed recently. I've had them for a while.

I'm using Chrome as my browser. I do have two scripts but they were installed long before this problem started.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to squirmer23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm using Chrome as my browser. I do have two scripts but they were installed long before this problem started.
    sometimes updates come and make it do weird new stuff but I honestly have no idea because I've never experienced it and I also have chrome, TO and database scripts and don't have this problem. I can't be helpful about this )': sorry
    walkerz's biggest fan

Quote Originally Posted by nefes View Post
    sometimes updates come and make it do weird new stuff but I honestly have no idea because I've never experienced it and I also have chrome, TO and database scripts and don't have this problem. I can't be helpful about this )': sorry
    I think I will try resetting Chrome to its default settings. That will delete my scripts. I will have to re-install turkopticon and a database script. Hopefully that will work. Thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to squirmer23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,415 Times in 810 Posts

1. Always try the problematic Hit(s) in an alternate browse (chrome or firefox) before going bat/ape with an apocalyptic uninstall/install pogrom in an attempt to fix the issue.

2. Scripts and cookies are two common sources of turker irritable browser syndrome. Often many odd symptoms can be alleviated by simply following a basic browser hygiene regiment which includes clearing your browser cache and cookies on a regular basis.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bromeliad For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bromeliad View Post
    1. Always try the problematic Hit(s) in an alternate browse (chrome or firefox) before going bat/ape with an apocalyptic uninstall/install pogrom in an attempt to fix the issue.

2. Scripts and cookies are two common sources of turker irritable browser syndrome. Often many odd symptoms can be alleviated by simply following a basic browser hygiene regiment which includes clearing your browser cache and cookies on a regular basis.
    I did clear my browser history and all of the cookies except for the mturk ones (I didn't want to lose my database info) a few days ago after the problem started. That didn't work. I normally use Chrome when working on mturk but I will try Firefox and see if the same problem occurs in that browser as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,415 Times in 810 Posts

I did clear my browser history and all of the cookies except for the mturk ones (I didn't want to lose my database info) a few days ago after the problem started. That didn't work.
    Catch 22. The very cookies you need to delete are the same ones you have to keep (ignoring copy/paste for the moment.)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bromeliad For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast