We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: How do you find hits on Turkernation???

How do you find hits on Turkernation???

Hello all,
    I am new here on Turkernation and I joined Mturk 5 weeks ago.
    This may sound dumb, but where do you actually find the hits on this site??????

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TomBan1955 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,340 Posts

Hi TomBan, welcome to TurkerNation! There are a couple of ways members share HITs on TurkerNation - you can join us in chat for immediate HIT alerts or you can check the Daily Thread http://turkernation.com/forumdisplay...Daily-Threads&

Chat will offer you some real time advice and answers to any questions you have so I hope you'll pop in

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to walkerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This thread will also help you TomBan - some great tips to help you get to 5,000 as quickly as possible, HITs to do, some tactics, etc. http://turkernation.com/showthread.p...The-First-5000
    Last edited by walkerz; 12-14-2014 at 04:57 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to walkerz For This Useful Post:

I was kind of wondering the same thing about finding hits on TurkerNation. I tried going to the chatroom but it won't let me in. I don't know if that is because I am new here or what. I have been on mTurk for 2 years but having just been laid off from my job, I'm trying to learn how to make more money.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cjb3622 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjb3622 View Post
    I was kind of wondering the same thing about finding hits on TurkerNation. I tried going to the chatroom but it won't let me in. I don't know if that is because I am new here or what. I have been on mTurk for 2 years but having just been laid off from my job, I'm trying to learn how to make more money.
    Hi cjb, I'm sorry you're having trouble getting into the chat. Is there an error message you are getting? I want to see if I can help.

There is no specific error. When I tried it this morning, it appears I'm getting into the chat room; however, once I'm in, I can't see anyone chatting or anything. It's like I'm just sittingin an empty chatroom.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cjb3622 For This Useful Post:

I saw you come and then go quite quickly.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to librarian50 For This Useful Post:

Somehow I ended up in the chatroom twice and couldn't figure out how to close one of them out, so I closed the whole thing. The chatroom seems to be a learning curve for me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cjb3622 For This Useful Post:

There is really not much chatting at the moment.... People are just starting to show up

17. The Following User Says Thank You to librarian50 For This Useful Post:

Everything is working great now. Last night when it was telling me it couldn't recognize the forum username, maybe I was trying to get in to soon after signing up. Note to self: must learn more patience.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cjb3622 For This Useful Post: