We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Firefox Fix

Firefox Fix

If you've been having trouble accessing sites with Firefox lately, especially Google-based sites, it is because Firefox is defaulting to ipv6 DNS now. You can't blame them for being progressive, but it doesn't change the fact that 96% of the internet is still using ipv4, and more importantly, your pages are going to load very slowly.

Here's the fix:

1. Type about:config in your URL bar and hit Enter
    2. Click the "I'll be careful, I promise" button
    3. Search for IPv6
    4. Double-click the "network.dns.disableIPv6" line to set the value to true.

That's it.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to work4turk For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks

So THAT'S why my gmail keeps saying, "This browser is no longer supported." Thanks, work4turk!

Quote Originally Posted by PilotGal View Post
    So THAT'S why my gmail keeps saying, "This browser is no longer supported." Thanks, work4turk!
    That might have something to do with you using an older version of FF, or maybe a linux distro version that is being phased out.