We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Christmas Cards - Fun and unique ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 49,133 Times in 19,714 Posts

Christmas Cards - Fun and unique ideas?

I love sending out Christmas Cards and almost always come up with a fun idea. This year I had the brain storm of embroidering an ornament and the card, but I started too late, so I had to do small store bought ornaments and already done cards. I'd love to here any clever ideas that people use for their Christmas Card (so I can steal them of course). What's your plan for Christmas Cards? Or are they a waste of time and no one does them anymore?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tscreener For This Useful Post:

I don't send many cards, but for the few I send I like to do something "crafty" with them. I start with store bought cards. I bought some punches in the form of snowflakes and stars (at Michael's craft store, Martha Stewart brand), and I punch out the snowflake on the white part of the card. Or, I'll punch out the envelope so some of the card shows through (but be careful if you are mailing them, as it might rip...I only do the envelope for cards I hand to people). You could also punch out snowflakes and stars in a contrasting color and glue them inside the cards. This year I bought a Spirograph set, and I plan to do star patterns on the inside of the cards or envelope. Makes card sending more fun!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosemary For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post

I don't send many cards, but for the few I send I like to do something "crafty" with them. I start with store bought cards. I bought some punches in the form of snowflakes and stars (at Michael's craft store, Martha Stewart brand), and I punch out the snowflake on the white part of the card. Or, I'll punch out the envelope so some of the card shows through (but be careful if you are mailing them, as it might rip...I only do the envelope for cards I hand to people). You could also punch out snowflakes and stars in a contrasting color and glue them inside the cards. This year I bought a Spirograph set, and I plan to do star patterns on the inside of the cards or envelope. Makes card sending more fun!
    Some of those punches are simply amazing! There is one that you can create a 3D butterfly. I have to keep in mind that my cards can't be over 1/4 inch thick though, so that keeps me in check. Thanks for the wonderful ideas Rosemary. I'm going to have to pass this Spirograph idea past my daughter. What a clever why to make it look nice and colorful.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tscreener For This Useful Post:

I definitely don't think cards are a waste of time. I know many people don't do them anymore, for varying reasons (money, convenience of greetings online, etc), but I love sending them. I know how nice it feels to get mail that isn't a bill, and I want to share that happy feeling.

That being said... I totally use store bought cards. I do a lot of crafting and baking for the holidays. I don't have time or money to make cards. I do make sure I pick out pretty glittery ones though! That should count for something.

---------- Post Merged at 08:25 PM ----------

ps: Off topic, but my post looks so sad without a festive picture beside it like you guys have.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lydia717 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia717 View Post
    I definitely don't think cards are a waste of time. I know many people don't do them anymore, for varying reasons (money, convenience of greetings online, etc), but I love sending them. I know how nice it feels to get mail that isn't a bill, and I want to share that happy feeling.

That being said... I totally use store bought cards. I do a lot of crafting and baking for the holidays. I don't have time or money to make cards. I do make sure I pick out pretty glittery ones though! That should count for something.

---------- Post Merged at 08:25 PM ----------

ps: Off topic, but my post looks so sad without a festive picture beside it like you guys have.
    Festive part aside (since it took me forever to get an avatar). Thanks for info...I do indeed think the glitter counts I always want to smack my friends who send out those cards with the confetti...but it makes me smile none-the-less.
    Last edited by tscreener; 12-08-2014 at 06:36 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tscreener For This Useful Post:

<---- Ho Ho Ho and stuff! I think I finally got it to work.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lydia717 For This Useful Post: