We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First 5000 HITs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GraceyH View Post
    Hi Everyone, I am new to mturk and have been a bit afraid to complete too many posts from one requester in case I start getting rejections. Is it better to find a few requesters you like and just push on until you get to 5000, or is varying the requesters a better option? Thank you!
    Hi Gracey,
    From what I have been able to figure out (and I'm only at 8900 approved) its a mixed bag. You can read TO's and forum posts, and a whole bunch of other things and you will get mixed reactions, but it looks like the prevailing opinion is this. Find a few requesters that you learn to trust or that others have learned to trust and work on those to get your batches and to get your numbers up. Also throw into that a mix of random requesters that you work on surveys and other such items from (HITs that pay more than a penny or two) but even for these play it a little cautious, look at the TO ratings and see what people say on the boards (though for some HITs you dont have time to research them, at least look at TO rating). Once you find HITs that you want to try, jump on them, good HITs go fast. Almost all the HITs you see posted on this forum have a TO in the light green / yellow to dark green, sometimes when it is slow you may see orange and the occasional no TO rating but those typically have a note saying there is no TO for them and are typically posted about after a couple hours / days whether it was a good HIT and how well the response it got was. Hope this helps, and for those penny HITs / number uppers, check THIS THREAD... particularly around page 3 and 4.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkins5322 For This Useful Post:

Hi Everyone, I am new to mturk and have been a bit afraid to complete too many posts from one requester in case I start getting rejections. Is it better to find a few requesters you like and just push on until you get to 5000, or is varying the requesters a better option? Thank you!
    It's better to start with a few hits, until you completely trust the requester. Also make sure to check the TO so you are aware of their history.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to manzician For This Useful Post:

Always aim for quality over quantity. Choose better paying HITs for requesters that are trustworthy and reputable.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimic For This Useful Post:

Thank you for the valuable info. Still learning and appreciate all the advice here!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mrfishtery For This Useful Post:

This is a great post! Thank you for all the information!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Twills For This Useful Post:

Thanks, this is helpful as I am just learning about scripts and how they can help!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jenn1192 For This Useful Post:

Is there a way for me to sticky or bookmark this thread for my own files? I am wondering if the forum allows us to save our favorite threads.

Feel free to bookmark pages on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by manzician View Post
    When you start new on mturk, it is important to build your numbers up. You need numbers to build a cushion for possible rejections and ensure you maintain a decent approval rate and also to qualify for more HITs. Once you reach the milestone of 5000 approved HITs, you will start getting access to more and more HITs. Fortunately, there are a lot of penny HITs that can help you to get past that 5000 mark in no time.

To start with this, you need to understand a few terms and need a few tools, which are mentioned below:-

TurkOpticon:- An essential extension which shows reviews left for different requesters by workers. Can be downloaded from the main website.

Autoaccept Link/PandA(Previewandaccept):- Clicking on an autoaccept link will automatically accept the HIT for you. When you open a HIT, the URL bar usually shows:- https://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?groupId=XYZABC123. You can convert the link to Autoaccept by simply adding "andaccept" after "preview" so it should look like https://www.mturk.com/mturk/previewa...upId=XYZABC123.

HITs Assigned To You:- Page that shows all the HITs that are assigned to you. You can access that page by clicking on the link at top of your mturk page or using this link.

Autorefresh:- You need an extension which allows you to autorefresh a page. You just need to keep the page open in a tab and it will refresh it for you. These are two popular extensions, for Chrome and Firefox.

Captcha Alert:- You are presented with a Captcha after 35 HITs. It can be difficult to keep a track of them sometimes so This Script will alert you everytime a captcha comes up.

Now that you are ready, you just need to run Autoaccept links of a few penny hits on autorefresh(10-15 seconds recommended). These HITs keep popping up through out the day and the autorefresh will catch those HITs for you. Open the "HITs Assigned To You" page and work on those HITs from your queue. When you get a captcha alert, tend to it and start the process again.

Here is a list of a few easy HITs that you can put on autorefresh.

Requester:- Venue Quality

PandA Links

Are These Locations The Same? (Requires taking a qualification test first)
    Does this Event contain mature adult-oriented content? (WARNING: may contain adult content)
    Is this Event family friendly?

Requester:- MyLikes

PandA Links

Identify Images with Mature Content (Short 90 seconds timer)
    Identify Videos with Mature Content

Requester:- Jon Brelig

PandA Links

Identify if two receipts are the same

Requester:- SkillPages

PandA Links

Moderate an advertisement for skilled workers. (Requires taking a qualification test first.)

Requester:- Rob Grady

PandA Links

Transcribe Waffle House Guest Check
    Thanks for this post. There is some great info for newbies here.

Looks like MTurk is really a sort of game...that one gets paid for playing. I appreciate all of the useful tips.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to considerations For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast