Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Getting a new Turkin' Machine tonight (lol)

Getting a new Turkin' Machine tonight (lol)

Well, I type this thread on my boyfriend's (3/4 in the grave) laptop. lol My old laptop finally took a nose dive into the great beyond this morning. To think I got up extra early to make my new $50/day goal for MTurk. Haha, there's always tomorrow!

So anyway, needless to say, tonight I am going out to get a new Turkin' Machine (as I endearingly want to name it)! Now, I have been thinking about a Chromebook for a little while now. I love the idea of the simplicity...however, I'm not sure if I shouldn't just go for another laptop (Windows). I have beat the internet to pieces doing research all day on Chromebooks vs Laptops and even found a few threads here (before I actually joined today) about whether or not Chromebooks would be a good choice for mainly turking. I see the general consensus was they are, but of course you have those odd HITS that require a different browser.

I really want something speedy, and its main purpose...well, like I said, a turkin' machine. :P

I had my eye on the Samsung Chromebook 2, although I generally have had bad luck with Samsung (cellular) devices, so that is the only thing making me wary...
    ...and I was also looking at the Toshiba Chromebook 2...

I'll be honest, I do not have a lot of tech knowledge. I really rely heavily on reviews. I want something that has stellar performance and is nice and quick. I'll be sure to update when I bring the new turk machine home. I am extremely open to suggestions if anyone has some!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woojie For This Useful Post:

(I have tried searching around to see if double posting is allowed. I didn't see it in the rules and Googled it and nothing came up. So please let me know if I shouldn't be double posting. Thank you!)

I just wanted to update this though as promised! I ended up bringing home the TOSHIBA Chromebook 2. I am absolutely, positively in love with my little turkie machine! I would highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't need the other capabilities of a laptop. Got it at Best Buy for $50 off for a lingering black Friday sale! I was a bit worried about it handling a bunch of tabs open at once (since I usually have quite a few turking), but with 4GB of RAM (which I drilled the poor Best Buy rep about), it has handled up to 8 tabs (which I hardly ever have that many open at once) without a single twitch! What an amazing little machine!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woojie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,017 Posts

Glad you like it. I bought a turking computer with my mturk money and it has been one my best investments. Now you need to add another monitor
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thank you! This definitely was a wonderful investment. Haha, maybe I will treat myself to a 2nd monitor at some point! I bet I would be able to get double the productivity out of that!