We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Alternate way to cashout for international turkers

Alternate way to cashout for international turkers

While researching online, I have come across couple of interesting website. Purse.io and Brawker allows you to covert your amazon gift balance into bitcoin. How it works is basically you purchase products for a person who wants to purchase something from amazon but only has bitcoins, so he/she will exchange their bitcoins with you if you agree to purchase the products on their behalf and ship it to their address. The bitcoin trading rate differs in each order so it's important to make sure you are making the trade with the latest exchange rates. Once you have the bitcoins, you can either cash them out or purchase anything else from the internet.

I have placed two orders through purse.io and both went through without any issues. I am yet to use Grawker but it seems to be more popular of the two so I think it's safe to use as well. Let me know if you guys have any doubts/questions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to manzician For This Useful Post:

This seems like an interesting way to payout. I expect in the future that more and more places will accept bitcoins, but until then this is a good idea, I think.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tetisheri For This Useful Post:

Tks for the info - Is anyone test it in real ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,348 Times in 998 Posts

I have used purse.io - it works just fine. Basically, you purchase someone else's wishlist on Amazon and have the products delivered directly to them. Once they receive the product, they release the BTC which are being held in escrow. I've done 12 transactions - no issues.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

Thanks

is there ANY hope at all that mturk will start letting Canadians transfer their earnings to their bank account? it's getting so disheartening and I'm losing my motivation

Thanks

apparently mturk has been sending out acceptance emails over the past few days to people outside of the U.S. - I don't know what's going on, but I really hope that they are also going to offer alternate payment methods to Canadians, like bank transfers.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thehoncho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,348 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thehoncho View Post
    apparently mturk has been sending out acceptance emails over the past few days to people outside of the U.S. - I don't know what's going on, but I really hope that they are also going to offer alternate payment methods to Canadians, like bank transfers.
    Agreed, that would be awesome! I doubt it though.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.