We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: It seems that maintenance has broke things for requesters

Thanks
    Thanked 1,296 Times in 320 Posts

It seems that maintenance has broke things for requesters

On the AWS forum for Mturk, requesters are reporting they are having issues on Mturk.

https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread...64608&tstart=0
    I have been trying for over an hour to publish some HITs and they just stay in pending status.
    I am not having the manage tab issue like others, but it does appear that I cannot publish anything for some reason.
    Another is reporting they are not getting back any results.

https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread...64609&tstart=0

I posted this a few hours ago and my interface shows that no-one has completed the HIT. I know that people have, as they have emailed me, and because the HIT links to an external survey which over 200 people have completed. I am not able to approve anyone's work, as there are not results shown.
    https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread...64632&tstart=0
    A few hours ago I uploaded a HIT with a certain qualification. I then decided to change the qualification, so I took that HIT down, changed the qualification, and uploaded it again. It is not showing up to workers--my old HIT still is! I've tried taking it down and putting it up several times, with no difference. Any advice?
    The problem seems to be for those that use the GUI to Mturk. The API seems to be working fine otherwise there would be nothing new posted.
    Last edited by Project 2501; 11-03-2014 at 02:35 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Project 2501 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,603 Times in 1,183 Posts

I'd be surprised if this is the only problem. Usually any amazon update or maintenance has a lot of bugs.

Super Sized Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,388 Times in 1,500 Posts

Well except for the usual crap hits, nothing is being published today.
    Silence on the AWS forum and no replys to any emails.

Well this could possibly explain why the last two days have been such absolute shit and why requester's like wpyf have seemingly loaded an endless stream of broken hits. Its sad seeing all those problems on that forum and 0 answers or communication from anyone with any resemblance to authority. I'm sure it will get straightened out eventually, but hopefully before people have to make any rash decisions like leaving the workforce.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 344 Posts

delete....
    Last edited by y2pk2008; 11-03-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks

Yeah, got an email from one of my favorite requesters this morning alerting me to a new batch, followed by another email saying they still weren't up and the requester would let us know when the HITs were up...it's been hours...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,296 Times in 320 Posts

http://status.aws.amazon.com/#

11:44 AM PST Some Requesters may experience increased latencies when using the Requester website to publish HITs. We are investigating.

12:43 PM PST We can confirm increased latencies for Requesters using the Requester website to publish HITs and continue to work towards resolution.
    1:25 PM PST Between 11/2/2014 1:03 AM PST and 11/3/2014 1:10 PM PST, customers experienced increased latencies when publishing HITs on the Requester website. The service is now operating normally.
    It appears that Mturk has fixed things.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Project 2501 For This Useful Post: