We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with a chat program

Need help with a chat program

I am using Chrome on Win Pro 7. I downloaded and installed mIRC to use for chatting but for some reason I keep getting disconnected. This is the first time I have ever used a chat program. I like it better than just using the chat app on the website so I would like it to work. So far I have been disconnected 5 times in the space of 30min. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection so I am lost at this point.

Thanks
    Thanked 36,215 Times in 10,390 Posts

ainai2014 --I can see you sign in. What do you see when you try to sign in?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 593 Posts

Shouldn't have anything to do with you using mIRC. Try coming back to chat using webchat and see if the problem persists. Internet connections can get a little wonky at any time. You can try using both and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Yea ainai2014 --just go to main forum. You will see community. Drop down to chat. Sign in with your Turker Nation user name ainai2014

I did go to the web chat and I was being disconnected there as well. Could it be the time of day? I have been in the chat room through the web site in the early morning and not had a problem. By the way my ISP is comcast if that makes any difference.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 593 Posts

Could be a server problem too. Try using a different IRC server when you connect through mIRC.

Thanks

Ainai ---before you were disconnected, could you see the chat room? Or were you disconnected immediately

I will see what I can do. Thanks

I did see the chat room in both cases and then it kind of froze and shortly thereafter it said I was disconnected although when I went to the menu bar and tried to reconnect it was greyed out and only disconnect was available so the program still thought I was connected.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,472 Times in 2,100 Posts

Very weird... I can't think why it would do that
    It's all good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast