Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Patch to fix Turkopticon

Thanks

Sweetrin:

Four questions:

1. Are you getting an error message when you try to run TO and Block Requesters together?

2. Are you using the TO user script, or the standalone add-on?

3. If you are using the TO user script, and you are getting an error message when you run them together (or maybe even if you aren't...), have a look at the "execution order" (Tools > Greasemonkey > Manage User Scripts..., then click "Execution Order".)

4. If Block Requesters is running before TO, does changing the execution order so TO runs before Block Requesters solve the problem?

Edit: You can change the execution order of your Greasemonkey user scripts by right-clicking on the entry for a script and clicking "Execute first", "Execute sooner", etc. I was able to cause Turkopticon to silently fail by making Block Requesters execute before it.

1. No, when I try to run them together, TO just doesn't work.
    2. I'm using the user script right now, but I tried the add on too, to no avail.
    3. I already switched up the execution orders, trying with each new order, no luck.
    4. NO Sir/ Maam.
    Thank you for your help, I'm glad TO is working at least. Before my block requesters stopped working, I was having to re-block them everytime I logged in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sweetrin For This Useful Post:

Researcher
    Thanks

moffett:

Amazon changed something on the HIT list page. This broke or messed up a few popular scripts, including TO and the Block Requesters scripts.

moffett and Sweetrin:

If you can post a screenshot of the error with the Web Developer console visible (example), I will try to help troubleshoot :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to six For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's too complicated and time consuming for me. Unfortunately I guess I will have to give up having TO on my MT pages.

Thanks

I made TO be the first to execute, and now it works fine.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hugo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So I was having a javascript error when trying to run the Turkopticon addon with firefox. Then thought maybe if I could get Turkopticon to run as a script and NOT an addon it would work.

Here is the script that I found on Greasy Fork https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1755-turkopticon

remember to disable the add-on after you install the script.

Hope this helps someone

9. The Following User Says Thank You to davek0512 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davek0512 View Post
    So I was having a javascript error when trying to run the Turkopticon addon with firefox. Then thought maybe if I could get Turkopticon to run as a script and NOT an addon it would work.

Here is the script that I found on Greasy Fork https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1755-turkopticon

remember to disable the add-on after you install the script.

Hope this helps someone
    Installing scripts from people you don't know is a potential vector for trouble. I do hope you're aware that the script from Miku goes to his private server, which mirrors TO.

It's a good thing -- personally, I trust it not to be malicious -- but it's not the 'official' TO script (which changes tomorrow, BTW).

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tribune For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345