Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Patch to fix Turkopticon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 346 Posts

Here it is. Just the one line. I tried it a couple of times, and it's always the same. Thanks.

Empty string passed to getElementById(). tooltip.js:43

2. The Following User Says Thank You to y2pk2008 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

if you're using Firefox and installing and enabling the Toggle Mixed Active Content add-on doesn't solve the problem
    I'm not getting the error anymore, but even with doing the above, I still don't have TO showing up anymore on my MT pages.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to moffett For This Useful Post:

thanks the link fixed it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to maladee For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's so frustrating because no matter which solution I try, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc., I can no get TO to show up on my MT pages even though it's showing as an add-on in FF.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to moffett For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EMfromOZ View Post
    I "fixed" Chrome and now I get two identical TO red arrows. Better twice than none?
    Quote Originally Posted by carolyn View Post
    I am on a Mac and Tamper Monkey--I am getting two arrows also--but it is working so I am scared to change anything.
    You may be running both the TO script and the TO extension for Chrome. If you disable the extension, the duplicates should go away.

Quote Originally Posted by moffett View Post
    It's so frustrating because no matter which solution I try, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc., I can no get TO to show up on my MT pages even though it's showing as an add-on in FF.
    If you're using Firefox,you may still be having problems with "mixed content" (which is when a webpage uses http and https at the same time).

Check the Amazon page to see if it's displaying one of those little gray shields in the upper left.
    If Firefox blocks content, click "Disable Protection on this Page." (If the problem goes away for that page, it confirms this diagnosis).

Quote Originally Posted by y2pk2008 View Post
    Thank you, it's getting better.

I removed (disabled) TO 2.2 and 3.33 from the extensions. Now the error is gone, but I see TO (one arrow) only when I do a search. It doesn't show when I click on available hits.

The order of the scripts doesn't seem to matter, but I've left it with TO executing before blocked requesters.
    (TO, Blocked Requesters, Pending Earnings, Requester Auto Approval, Ras Highlight, Today's Projected Earnings)
    There have been problems reported with some versions of a Block Requesters script.

If you disable the five scripts that aren't TO, does the problem go away? (If you selectively reenable them, save Block Requesters for last).
    Last edited by Tribune; 08-23-2014 at 08:18 AM. Reason: late to the party

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tribune For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The link above (for me) goes to a page of code. My husband says the link is messed up. Im on a MAC using Firefox on system: mavericks. I did a stupid thing and tried to disable/trash the turkopticon add-on and reinstall. Now I have NO red arrows and get the java script error. I've emailed turkopticon using the email from above.

Anyone else having this problem. I feel I'm blind, but at least I know my fav requesters
    It is my joy to honor You in all I do

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I fixed it! I fixed it. I googled fixing turkopticon and here's a link. You need the newest version and can find it here... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...1#version-3.33
    My arrows are back. I'm happy, happy, HAPPY

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Shit. Yes, I said shit! This is getting ridiculous. I finally had Turkopticon working AGAIN yesterday. It worked when I first opened mTurk today, but I did a search and my little red arrows are GONE. Dang it all

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If you're using Firefox,you may still be having problems with "mixed content" (which is when a webpage uses http and https at the same time).

Check the Amazon page to see if it's displaying one of those little gray shields in the upper left.
    If Firefox blocks content, click "Disable Protection on this Page." (If the problem goes away for that page, it confirms this diagnosis).
    No mixed content shield, so that's apparently not my problem.

I also tried removing all versions of TO and then installed the newest, 3.4. That brings back the Javascript error, but still no TO on my MT pages. Everything worked fine until the last few days when this problem started. Something must have been changed since so many other workers are also having the problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moffett For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moffett View Post
    No mixed content shield, so that's apparently not my problem.

I also tried removing all versions of TO and then installed the newest, 3.4. That brings back the Javascript error, but still no TO on my MT pages. Everything worked fine until the last few days when this problem started. Something must have been changed since so many other workers are also having the problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.
    I hope Six (or somebody more technically competent than I am) might reply.

Amazon did change the way they present HIT pages on AMT.
    That, in turn, caused Turkopticon and other software to break.
    (This was covered in the very second post in ths thread, right after spamgirl's).

The new versions of TO (as of August 20) seem to address the problem in every system I have been able to examine personally. In your case, I suspect interactions with other software. Whoever can help you is going to need to know things like what extensions you might be running, whether you're using Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey, and what other scripts you might also have installed, plus things I am not smart enough to ask.

Earlier, six wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by six View Post
    ... Now we can ask the Web Developer console what is going on.

While you're on a page where you expect TO to load, but it doesn't, try this:

1. Go to the Tools menu, then Web Developer, then Toggle Tools.

2. In the box that appears at the bottom of the browser window, click Console.

3. You should see some messages, like:

• Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated...
    • Loading mixed (insecure) active content...
    • Empty string passed to getElementById()

Can you copy/paste those messages or take a screenshot?
    I can't think of any reason he wouldn't want that information any more.
    Last edited by Tribune; 08-24-2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tribune For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast