We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the point of qualification without tests?

Thanks

what is the point of qualification without tests?

What is the point of having those qualifications that don't require tests and should I bother clicking on them?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,919 Times in 712 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ru_ez2 View Post
    What is the point of having those qualifications that don't require tests
    See post #38 http://turkernation.com/showthread.p...l=1#post204043 in What's something you wish someone had told you when you first started turking?
    Last edited by bromeliad; 08-18-2014 at 12:19 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bromeliad For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks Bromeliad,
    I just went and did that search. It seems that qualifications have exploded over the last year, and there are now 50 pages of auto qualifications and not 5 like there were when that thread started. Is it worth my time to go and get all those qualifications?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 477 Posts

I was just going through these 50 pages - never seen them before! Lol!

Well I requested a few where the description made sense and sounded interesting. Many are just to prevent survey retakers, so you would get it automatically if/when you complete a survey for that requester, no need to request it.

The majority have 0 qualified users, so I assume a requester set them up but abandoned them for some reason.

Many I can't make sense of, no idea what they're for.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tigger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks to this i discovered the command ctrl+W which closes a tab, so I was quickly able to run through the 500 tabs i had open and get those requests sent out.
    How long does it take to get those qualifications? Is there anywhere I can see which qualifications I have and which ones still have a pending request?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 593 Posts

The Qualifications tab on your dashboard will show you the quals that you have assigned as well as pending quals.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bid For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sometimes they are assigned immediately and automatically when you request them. There is a note stating it after you requested them (same place where it says "Your Hit has been submitted ..." when you submit a Hit).

Sometimes the requester will review and then assign them to you. I have quals pending that were never approved.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Strangely I am having trouble reading threads from the "latest posts" section and also I can't easily find the button to create a new thread. Is this something to do with my standing on the board or is this a tech glitch?

Thanks

It probably has to do with the number of posts you have written. I think not all forums are open in the beginning.

One more thing about quals, you might not want to request each and every qual without knowing the Hits. I remember one member here had a qual for a requester she didn't like to work for but their Hits always showed up in her Hit list (because she was qualified) - 100s of them. She had to scroll through them all the time and wished she never had gotten that qualification!

Thanks

OH, well it is too late for that. I would think there would be way to block a requester.
    Is there a way to go back and see who I have worked for? I did one hit that was great,but I did not take notice of the requester and I would love to find more like that.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ru_ez2 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast