We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Peanut Butter Cookies - Diabetic Friendly - also a baking tip

*** Forum Supporter *** FeistyLady99's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 1,583 Posts

Peanut Butter Cookies - Diabetic Friendly - also a baking tip

120 calories, 5 g protein, 5 g carbohydrates, 10 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 18 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 1 g fiber

Makes approx. 14 cookies

1 c low-carb peanut butter (I use creamy not chunky)
    1 c Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (Splenda's pricey, but these do come out fine w/reg white sugar)
    1 egg

Combine all ingredients; roll into tablespoon size balls; flatten using a fork to make that cute criss-cross pattern

Bake 350 degree oven for approx. 12 minutes

Baking Tip: If you haven't tried a silicone baking sheet/mat to cover your cookie sheet with, you should. Not only are they great for baking things like cookies (so they don't get brown/hard as a rock), they are wonderful for any sort of food you would bake on a traditional cookie sheet to prevent bottom burning. I use one all the time for french fries, onion rings, chicken strips/bites, pizza rolls, Grands biscuits, etc. Easy to clean (they do discolor after time); roll it up and store it in a drawer. There is also a round 12" mat that is designed as a spill protector for the glass plate in your microwave ... I use one for frozen pizza in the oven and it works beautifully ... keeps the crust from getting hard. Highly recommend! Plus, Amazon does have them, so if you decide to order one, I'm sure the forum would appreciate you using their link.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FeistyLady99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks Feisty!

This sounds a lot like my favorite gluten-free PB cookies (Feisty's are gluten free, too - bonus!).

My recipe is the same quantities but uses regular sugar and adds a teaspoon of vanilla.

My gluten free recipe:

1 cup peanut butter
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla

Tablespoon balls, flattened with fork, 375 degree for 10 minutes.

It's the same recipe, I think.

When I started making these, I couldn't believe they had no flour in them. They're great and you don't miss the flour - I'll have to try your recipe, Feisty, and see if I can do without the sugar, too.

Thanks for posting.

CF
    Last edited by cfinley; 08-17-2014 at 02:12 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cfinley For This Useful Post:

Yes! These are so tasty, and they hold their shape well, so you can indent them with 1/4 teaspoon and fill them with nutella, jam, or an M&M. Be careful, too, on these because they don't look particularly done when the *are* done. i've overcooked many a batch of these.