We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Text on dummy hits.

Text on dummy hits.

I'm trying to set up a document on how to make a dummy (compensation) hit for when I run into requesters who do not know how to set one up instead of trying to write it every time I run into a new requester.

How does this sound? Should I add or change anything? I also set this up as a Google doc if you want to edit it or keep this in your files on the chance you ever need it.

This is how to set up a compensation (dummy) hit

You can set up a single HIT for the worker which would require a special code (code is sent to you via email) or by using the worker?s ID in order to be completed. Anyone else attempting to submit this HIT would receive a rejection. You can set it up for $0.00 and pay you as a bonus or set it up for the amount of the HIT so you will not be charged by MTURK for setting up a hit.

The thing you can do is set up the title of the HIT as:
    "This HIT is for worker ID 1234567890 ONLY - All other submissions will be rejected"
    Then in the body of the HIT they can put:

"PLEASE NOTE, THIS HIT IS FOR A SPECIFIC WORKER ONLY. ALL OTHERS WILL BE
    REJECTED.

Confirm that they ae the Worker by asking them to enter their worker ID or password that you supplied to them in an email in the hit.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrisfuccione For This Useful Post:

This looks good. A requester can probably also assign a qualification to that worker so only he can accept the hit.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to manzician For This Useful Post:

That a great idea but if a requester is new I want to make this as easy as possible for them so maybe assigning a qualification to a worker might confuse them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,402 Times in 1,008 Posts

Thanks chrisfuccione. The only thing I would suggest is camouflaging worker ID as XXXXXXXXTRPP. Our worker ID's can be tied to personal and other information, so I prefer it not be made public.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

Good idea. I added this to the text:

The thing you can do is set up the title of the HIT as:

"This HIT is for worker ID xxxxxxxx7890 ONLY - All other submissions will be rejected".
    Try to use only the last four digits of the worker ID to protect their identity.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisfuccione For This Useful Post:

TTT

In the last week I had to send out this doc three times, so I wanted to make sure that the new members had this if they need it.