We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Myth of Low Cost, High Quality on Amazon's Mechanical Turk

Great post, Spammy! It seems like such a simple concept from a worker's point of view -- you get what you pay for. The sad fact is, most requesters don't pay for very much.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissOddi For This Useful Post:

Hi -- sorry if I'm too late to be reopening this thread, in which case I will try somewhere else, but I just joined and got pointed here pretty quickly. The thread is clear that too many requesters pay low-ball wages, but less clear on what requesters SHOULD be offering. If it is a particular estimated hourly wage, is there a consensus as to what a fair MTurk wage actually is? Should it depend on qualifications? As someone said above, should it be hourly at all -- do we penalize fast workers -- and if it should NOT be hourly, how exactly should it be computed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12