We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: TING mobile 20 dollars a month!

Thanks

TING mobile 20 dollars a month!

Hello my fellow turkers,
    I have been do alot research on how to save money on my mobile plan, i have had sprint for almost 10 years and was sick of paying that much. Well tonight i have broken the bond and switched to Ting mobile a great company so far and they use the sprint cell towers so if u have sprint this is a great option for cheap cell service. i hope whoever reads this u look into it, Ill keep u updated on the progress im currently waiting for the Phone to be activated. So far so good and im super excited about dropping sprint lol

Super Sized Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,391 Times in 1,501 Posts

Pretty good deal.

Any data restrictions or call limits?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to taintturk For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No the plan works where your minutes, data, and text/pic messaging are charge based on how much you use them. so from 0-100 minutes they charge 3 bucks, for 0-100 messages they charge 3 bucks, and for 0-100mb its 3 bucks as u use more of anyone of those the price is changed to the next tier. My activation was successful this morning when i woke up my fone is working great and it was simple and didnt have to call support or anything .
    If anyone signs up as a referral from me now i get 25 bucks and they get 25 bucks, that will pay for like 1 month of my service.
    Also there is no Activation fee and you can bring your own phone like i did, i also brought my phone number

Straight talk is better if you are in an AT&T area.
    I just switched so I can have Data as Kajeet (kids type plan, great for just text and calls, sucks for data) was not cost effective
    $45 a month (unlim text/calls and 2.5 data at 4lite, then they snail you to 2 or 3g). go to Walmart and buy a 1 yr (which gives you a month free if you compare the price) Buy your own phone and get the SIM.
    Simple and easy, and you can port your own number.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to onlinestuff2014 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok 6 month update*
    Ive been with TING now for 6 months. these were my bills
    $23.27
    $36.73
    $36.79
    $26.30
    $45.68
    $36.79
    Thats an average montly bill of $34.26.
    I got a $55 credit for cancelling with sprint and the same day i uploaded my last bill from sprint TING gave me my credit.
    I got a $50 dollar credit when i got my mom to use this cuz she also had sprint.

Pros: They are straight forward and easy to work with, activating my phone was a breeze and any issues ive had ive emailed them and they respond with in 24hrs. My bill with sprint was $80 a month so by switching ive literally have saved $50/month or $300 in the last 6 months!! all they advertise to be is true so far. At one point i had to switch to a different old phone and the process took me about 15mins and one of the biggest PROs for these guys is I HAVE NEVER HAD TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE COMMUNICATED COMPLETELY BY EMAIL!!! I travel alot for work and have not had a bad service area yet. They use sprint cell towers so wherever sprint is TING is! This is really great for people like me who dont use there fone alot. They only charge for what you use the only month that is high so far was because my daughter was in the hospital so i used lots of minutes . Shes all better now

Cons:
    You can only bring sprint devices. umm.... i think thats it..

Look people want to brag about UNLIMITED this and UNLIMITED that!! but look at your usage. I on average used 200 mins of my UNLIMITED minutes and they didnt lower my bill they still charged me $80. I would only use 100mb of my UNLIMITED DATA but they wouldnt lower my bill!! same with texting! I love ting because ur bill changes with your usage. If you like what you read here im putting the link to get a referral credit if you activate a phone we will both get $25 instantly.

https://zrmo8821el5.ting.com/
    History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction..... CALVIN

I just signed up with Ting this month and I freakin love it! I'll be going from $55 per month to an estimated $20 and the company has amazing customer service, which is a huge upgrade from metroPCS so that's a big deal to me. My husband uses a lot of data so we're tracking his usage for the month before we bring him over, but I'm really hoping we can because even at 4 GB a month of data we'll still be saving at least $20 a month. Ting is such a great company!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wichita For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for posting the information. Still not convinced because i am looking for a family plan.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tdalton43 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wichita View Post
    I just signed up with Ting this month and I freakin love it! I'll be going from $55 per month to an estimated $20 and the company has amazing customer service, which is a huge upgrade from metroPCS so that's a big deal to me. My husband uses a lot of data so we're tracking his usage for the month before we bring him over, but I'm really hoping we can because even at 4 GB a month of data we'll still be saving at least $20 a month. Ting is such a great company!
    Im so happy you joined i love this company too. IT is a huge upgrade in service from Metro piece of #### lol thats what my friends say..
    The way i save on my data usage is i leave it off all the time 99% im near a wifi signal you will be surprised how much free wifi there is, and if i need to use like maps or the internet and im not picking up a signal ill turn on my data for that period of time and then shut it off again. try to keep him under 4GB and even with that you will still be paying less then $55! Good Luck and Happy Savings
    History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction..... CALVIN

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdalton43 View Post
    Thanks for posting the information. Still not convinced because i am looking for a family plan.
    Your very welcome thank you for reading sorry i couldnt convince you but yes for a family plan i dont know how good it will be.
    Heres a success story maybe you will find some helpful stuff on this thread. Good luck and Happy savings

https://help.ting.com/entries/255198...fferent-BYODs-

Thanks

Thanks djjustice24!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tdalton43 For This Useful Post: