We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MTurking as a living, a part-time job, or less

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enidonair View Post
    >>Kilgore refers to a batch of HITs posted last Friday evening. Paid 0.17 each, not sure how large the batch was but some people reported making $100-200.

I made 325 just on TK, I took it all the way! Not sure if I got in at the beginning, but it was huge and I went 6 straight hours.
    You made 325? Holy crap how? Were you even checking any of them? i made 110 and thought I was doing good.

Thanks

Thanks for the info...always looking for some money makers that are not the same hits that I am constantly working on. Gives the hands a break!

Quote Originally Posted by beckyp View Post
    Thanks for the info...always looking for some money makers that are not the same hits that I am constantly working on. Gives the hands a break! Even if they are hit it is still nice to change it up a bit.
    For real, I can honestly say I am tired of writing at the moment lol. Between Turk and my regular work my fingers feel like jelly.

Wink (good requester in HoF/S)

It really depends on what your cost of living is and if you have people depending on. As it cost alot less to live in the hills of WV or Ky as it would to live in new york. I think if you had to you can make it, but you would be on a roman noodle and water diet. I make 50-100 a day and sometimes as high as 200 but would never consider it something to live off of. Mturk might have a slow week then you will have nothing.

I definitely wouldn't consider this dependable income. I'll make $40 one day, and then $10 the next. Even though where I live has a ridiculously low cost of living (I rent a 2-bedroom house for $500/mo, for example) I wouldn't want to have to live off of it. That said, my wife's job status is precarious and it's nice to have something that would mean we'd drain our savings a little slower.

Thanks

325? Wow! ...
    Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewels For This Useful Post:

Holy crap... I make $75 dollars on a good day and $25 on a very slow day. Granted I usually only pop in for 3 or 4 hours most days, but I'm insanely jealous of you crazy earners! I should either buckle down and work more or find some of these crazy good paying HITs I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mimic View Post
    If I've learned something in the few months Ive been turking is to never rely on a few requesters to make money...
    I think you are correct. That's a hard lesson for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnsurf View Post
    I make 50-100 a day and sometimes as high as 200 but would never consider it something to live off of. Mturk might have a slow week then you will have nothing.
    This is true, but I would say that many "dependable" jobs are absolutely not--I was laid off from my last out-of-home position (in a white collar office environment that billed thousands of dollars a week) completely by surprise. Turk is not my primary but as I said it helps.

I don't think anyone sets out to make mTurk their full-time gig, but there's not always a better choice. A ramen and water diet is better than nothing at all.

I've been here since the end of April and I average $100 to $300 a week. It's not our primary income but it pays for the little luxuries like fast food and a summer air conditioned large electric bill that husband's salary can't normally afford. With 2 kids the cost of day care and having to get a 2nd car makes me returning to out of house work at this stage not financially viable. I however generally sit on turk most of the day picking up jobs here and there but it can certainly add up on good weeks - and I don't work weekends either

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast