We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MTurking as a living, a part-time job, or less

Thanks

today was slow but steady with good hits and so far already in is 40.00 I left for several hours car shopping, so I coulda done more but... thats ok. I have a few bigger things waiting to clear so if I stopped now, I'd end with about 65.00. I tell you though I slept HARD Wednesday day...and think I blew my chance at qualification for Leger HITS. (cause I was sleeping!!!) He looks filled up, so maybe next go around. What I really really REALLY want is Kilgore, STAT!! You get the qual, and are you making bank? I am happy for you if yes!

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Man I know you didn't get any sleep eithers :P[/QUOTE]
    The world owes you nothing, it was here first.

Thanks

Really? I am humbled. I can live off $50 a day with no kids or debt.... thank you all for answering my post. Gonna wake up tomorrow and start early and not be so unefficient (or scared to ruin my ratings). It's the second-guessing of my self that hurts me most. I am approved with bonuses for writing but do crap hits instead. Getting fired can bruise your esteem, so I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by enidonair View Post
    You get the qual, and are you making bank? I am happy for you if yes!
    I did get the qual but now I find myself being superserious about it, which makes me way slower. Hopefully he'll open it up for ya soon, he says he's got tons of work.

Thanks

What I really really REALLY want is Kilgore, STAT!! You get the qual, and are you making bank? I am happy for you if yes!

What are these Hits..Ive never heard of them

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beckyp For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Good luck to you jawbreaker! I think we were all, at one time or another, a little weary of jumping in with both feet. Just follow this board carefully and it will be a tremendous help to you by helping you to know who/what to avoid and which jobs pay better than others, or don't pay at all-and a lot of other valuable information. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Everybody here is really helpful and more than willing to help.

Thanks

I want kilgore too, I made so much that day.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyp View Post
    What I really really REALLY want is Kilgore, STAT!! You get the qual, and are you making bank? I am happy for you if yes!

What are these Hits..Ive never heard of them
    Kilgore refers to a batch of HITs posted last Friday evening. Paid 0.17 each, not sure how large the batch was but some people reported making $100-200.

http://turkernation.com/showthread.p...ighlight=match

The qual she's talking about is the Leger one...

If I've learned something in the few months Ive been turking is to never rely on a few requesters to make money.... most come and go. You need to be willing to do all types and risk working for "new" and unknown requesters without a history on TO or here. "Go all in", some of us call it!

Quote Originally Posted by mimic View Post
    If I've learned something in the few months Ive been turking is to never rely on a few requesters to make money.... most come and go.
    I'm learning this too. It's easy to get into a groove and then they disappear :/

Closed Account
    Thanks

I think if you really put the effort in your can easily earn a decent wage from MTurk. Now are you going to be able to live in the middle of New York City off MTurk? Probably not. But you can earn a couple hundred a week if you put the time and effort into it.

Thanks

>>Kilgore refers to a batch of HITs posted last Friday evening. Paid 0.17 each, not sure how large the batch was but some people reported making $100-200.

I made 325 just on TK, I took it all the way! Not sure if I got in at the beginning, but it was huge and I went 6 straight hours.

Which proves your point perfectly; one, two or even six requesters won't always have gems and jewels up when we want them, so that Friday was a gift indeed.
    The world owes you nothing, it was here first.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast