We typically are NOT getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. We need your help! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MTurking as a living, a part-time job, or less

Thanks

MTurking as a living, a part-time job, or less

Hi. I'm old to MT but returning after losing my job. Does anyone make a living doing this? If someone else can, I believe I can, but just need to know if it's really true. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hi jawbreaker:

I'm new to Turking but from what I've read in the forums -- Turking is something to supplement your income -- it's more difficult to rely on it as your sole support. Others will chime in with their experiences soon.

All the best to you.

-RJ

PS And to answer your question ... No, I'm not making a living of it, but it helps with the grocery bill.

I think it's almost impossible to make a living solely by turking. If there are people out there who do, I imagine they spend every moment they're awake glued to mTurk which sounds miserable to me.

Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just not doing the right stuff.

Thanks

I am hoping it is enough money each month to pay my students loans.

YES there are people making a living doing Mturk full-time. What constitutes a "full-time" income is different for everyone I guess, but there are absolutely a few people in this forum doing this as their only source of income.

Me, I just paid $800 worth of bills with Turk this month so it certainly helps.
    Last edited by shakti; 09-22-2011 at 04:27 PM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shakti For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks

Hi jawbreaker, I've been on MTurk about a month only made about $40.00. I don't speed a lot of time every day, hard to do with my schedule. I do a lot of the low paying jobs while watching tv. Can't seem to get the higher paying one, they get grabbed up quick. Some people here have reported making $100.00 or more a day. Anyway, good luck to you.

Thanks

Hi and shakti. Just curious girl, how many hours for you to make $800? Did you make it one month?

Thanks

I made 680.00 last week. But generally I am in the 200.00 a week range.
    The world owes you nothing, it was here first.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enidonair For This Useful Post:

$680 in a week! I think my head would explode. Did you do *every* Crowdsource writing HIT or something? Or did you.. well, no, that's really all I can think of. All of the smaller HITs this month that I've seen have been low-paying crap.

I do pay my bills with Turk, but I have writing skills and live in a very deflated area out in the national boonies.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Hi and shakti. Just curious girl, how many hours for you to make $800? Did you make it one month?
    It's hard to say how much time I'm around but my other work is computer based too so I'm pretty much sitting in this chair 12-18 hours a day anyway. I'd be the first to say it's not the greatest fun but it beats wearing a McDonald's uniform and I have bills to pay. I made about $50 today and it took about 6 hours on and off. But it depends. I also made $150 in 2 or 3 hours once, and once it took me 2 hours to make 10 bucks. That $800 bucks is accurate for the past 30 days or so, and I have no way of knowing if I can repeat that.

Would I prefer to be working less? Sure but gotta pay the bills somehow, and it helps me be available to my loved ones (who are also working too hard :/).

A big part of why I made so much was this forum.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by enidonair View Post
    I made 680.00 last week. But generally I am in the 200.00 a week range.
    Man I know you didn't get any sleep eithers :P

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shakti For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast