We typically are NOT getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. We need your help! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Biggest deals of the year!

Biggest deals of the year!

Yes, I am talking about Black Friday. It is around the corner. Every year it sneaks up on me and I am never prepared. So this year I am going to start early. I am going to save up some money so I can actually buy things. I do not have large stores around me this year, so I am thinking that my shopping will be done online.
    Anyone have any good strategies, tip, complaints? I know some people swear that black Friday has been the best day for shopping for them, others say it is a scam. What do you think?

Thanks

I personally keep to online retailers. I do my research ahead of time, and try to log in to shop online at the very beggining of the day, before the sites begin to crash.

Online is my strategy as well.

Thanks

They also have Cyber Monday online sales at a lot of places the Monday after Black Friday. I personally dislike shopping & crowds, so I stick to online whenever possible. I don't think I've ever been to a brick and mortar store on Black Friday.

I tried being normal once.

Worst two minutes of my life.

I was unable to go to actual stores last year so I had to online shop. I felt like I HAD to buy something because I would be missing out if I did not. I was sucked into the hype. This year I am not so sure I will give in. I guess I will do my research before and see what is actually on sale and what the prices were before. Usually only a few items are actually a really good sale and it is not worth it.

Thanks

I love Black Friday, but it is getting pretty bad in the retail stores. Last year, stores opened Thursday night (BOO!) and by Friday morning most major stores around me looked like there had been a riot. No fun to shop in stores anymore. Online is the way to go. I move a little turking money over to my Amazon account starting in late September, which gives me some dough to play with during Amazon's Black Friday week. Here's a tip, watch Amazon ALL WEEK during Thanksgiving week. I found some awesome deals on the Monday BEFORE Thanksgiving. Also, let the deals come to you. Don't buy a major item like a TV just because its cheaper. Get the level of quality you want.

I went to Wal-Mart last Thanksgiving night--to join a protest if there was one. There wasn't But the number of people there was INSANE. No way would I do that. We are going to have a strict Christmas budget this year. I imagine I'll either shop locally owned or fair trade stores, or online

Online is definitely the way to go unless there's something specific your trying to get that can only be had in store. The amount of people that participate is unreal especially at electronic stores and waiting in line is a big deal breaker for me.