We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: How do I stop spam?

Question How do I stop spam?

I love getting a heads up from Turk Alert, but it is incredibly annoying to get 10 or so emails for the same survey that I did when the first email came. In particular, the Project Endor survey... I've gotten no less than 10 emails telling me that there is a survey up for them. Is there a way to set it so I don't get the same exact email over and over within about 40 minutes?

I've gotten 3 more since I posted this... in the span of about 6 minutes.
    Last edited by blaize; 07-24-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 593 Posts

Turk Alert sends an email every time a particular requester on your list posts work. The only way to avoid receiving the email is to unsubscribe from that particular requester.

I had that issue today as well. I got an email every minute updating that the same hit was available. All in all 10 emails that told me I can take a survey. I think it stopped at 10 b/c I hit my daily limit.

Thanks

Seems odd that is happening. According to the FAQ on the Turk Alert site:

"You will receive a maximum of 20 e-mail alerts daily. In addition, you will only be notified once every hour for a specific requester's HITs. That is, if a requester posts several batches of HITs within a one-hour period, you will only be notified for the first batch."

Exactly, and that is not happening they were coming only minutes apart.

Thanks

Attachment 492

This doesn't look like only once per hour...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eeka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 2,088 Posts

@eeka, TA sends one email per hour per requester per HIT GROUP. 11223344 Posts 9 different HIT groups (categorize, what is it x4 categories, price it x4 categories), so you can get up to 9 emails just from them alone per hour. That is why TA offers the email upgrade, it's a cheap way to ensure that requesters who post so many different types of HITs don't eat up your daily email allotment.

As to an email with a single HIT group being received multiple times, I've checked the logs and it shows that it is sent only once. The issue seems to be a duplication somewhere between TA and your email provider.
    It's all good.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Tonight between 6:26pm and 7:08pm, I received 11 emails for the same requester, and I'm pretty sure it was the same batch, since I checked the groupid on the hits and they are all the same.

I have the same problem. I get the same emails over and over for the same hits. The first day I signed up, I had 27 emails from TA about the same requester.