We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBQ Food

*** Forum Supporter *** FeistyLady99's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 1,583 Posts

LOL, I do mine a little different than what you have pictured, but end result is very similar. Next time I make 'em, I'll try to snap some photos. Where you sliced them down the side (length) of the pepper, I cut the top (stem) off, then hollow them out. I like to quickly par boil them to remove some of the 'crunch' factor. The stuffing (cream cheese, hot pepper jack cheese, hot italian sausage (precooked)) is shot into the peppers with a plastic caulk gun. Then 1/2 slice of center cut bacon gets wrapped just around the top because the bottom of the peppers have to fit in a stand to go on the grill. I sprinkle cayenne on the top of the stuffing. I try to get peppers that are a good 3-4" long. It does make 'em harder to do if the peppers are smaller.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FeistyLady99 For This Useful Post:

ya, I make little canoes out of them. Very easy to fill them up and put the 'cap' on them. It's a little more work but I like the results.

I like to quickly par boil them to remove some of the 'crunch' factor.
    I cooked these on the barbeque with indirect heat at 225-250F (there are some hot spots on this BBQ)... but in the end there were no crunchy jalapenos. All of them were soft and super easy to bite into. If your recipe calls for X minutes and they're still crunchy... then just leave em there for a while longer. No harm done.
    Last edited by RarelyScene; 08-17-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12