We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Qualification Granted . . .

Thanks

I've gotten a lot of those "prevention" quals, but most have a 1 (or 6 or 7 or 17) and they're always on surveys that have been paid. No rejections to date, so am assuming my work is acceptable. They just appear. This one was an email, which was different...guess I'll find out in the long run. I appreciate that you took the time to give me your insight.

Thanks
    Thanked 48,207 Times in 19,417 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AriKepler View Post
    so a year later...
    I'm a newbie lurker and always wondering what I can possibly add to any thread on these forums. so far? nothing.
    these qualifications are a mystery to me, and I've spent more time than I want to say searching for answers. I get the "request qual" stuff that's been written, and I'll probably never be given the secret handshake. Bottom line is I just keep plugging away...today I rec'd an mturk email saying I've been given, well here:
    Qualification: Qualification_1
    Requester: CeDEx - Nottingham
    Qualification Value: 100
    I haven't a clue, although I remember doing a survey and getting paid.
    Anybody?
    It claims it is a qualification for additional studies.

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/searchba...d=0.00&x=0&y=0

Requesting Qualifications test

I came across some hits which required a qualifications test but when I applied it said no test needed. An email was sent to the requester. How will I know when or if I can take these hits?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 593 Posts

If the qualification wasn't auto-granted upon your requesting it, chances are you won't receive the qualification. The "request qualification" is present by default and requesting it doesn't really do anything. On the other hand, it never hurts to try.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,321 Posts

if you do get lucky and get the qualification you requested you should receive an email from Mturk letting you know about it
    Quote Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post
    I came across some hits which required a qualifications test but when I applied it said no test needed. An email was sent to the requester. How will I know when or if I can take these hits?
    It's Hard Work Turking, so don't think I'm lurking, I'm just working!

Thanks

There are a couple of batch jobs I have Requested Qualifications for almost daily for a month and not been granted. The specific ones in question don't have the 'Contact Requester' link. So if I can't contact them, how do I get the qualification granted?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,340 Times in 991 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kyrna View Post
    There are a couple of batch jobs I have Requested Qualifications for almost daily for a month and not been granted. The specific ones in question don't have the 'Contact Requester' link. So if I can't contact them, how do I get the qualification granted?
    *Most* of the time, clicking on the Request Qualification button has no effect. Requesters have to do some fancy programming to retrieve qualification requests, and most don't/can't do that. What requesters are you looking at? Perhaps someone here is familiar with their HITs.

You can always contact a requester by using this link: https://www.mturk.com/mturk/contact?...EQUESTERIDHERE

Just grab the requester ID out of the URL after you click on their name in mturk, and paste it into the link above.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RippedWarrior View Post
    *Most* of the time, clicking on the Request Qualification button has no effect. Requesters have to do some fancy programming to retrieve qualification requests, and most don't/can't do that. What requesters are you looking at? Perhaps someone here is familiar with their HITs.

You can always contact a requester by using this link: https://www.mturk.com/mturk/contact?...EQUESTERIDHERE

Just grab the requester ID out of the URL after you click on their name in mturk, and paste it into the link above.
    amturk is the specific requester. They have an 'Internal Worker' qual I have been requesting.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,340 Times in 991 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kyrna View Post
    amturk is the specific requester. They have an 'Internal Worker' qual I have been requesting.
    I'm pretty sure those HITs are for their own internal employees. They're not publicly available, sorry. Whoops, was thinking of someone else.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Sometimes I ask for the qual, it's granted to me, and when I go back to the HIT, it still says I'm not qual. It's enough to drive you to eating chocolate.

And why do some of them say to request the qual again? I asked again for one of them, and then it said I don't have to ask a 2nd time. Huh? I don't see how I can move ahead in that system (I have 1,849 HITS.)
    Last edited by parnation - banned; 05-31-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12