We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Qualification Granted . . .

Getting Qualification Granted . . .

I apologize in advance if this is a redundant question, but I've searched and can't seem to find an answer to my question. When it says no test is required for a qualification and you may request it, how is it determined if you obtain it? I have close to 2000 hits w/99.3% accuracy but can't seem to get any qualifications granted. Thank you in advance.

Thanks

As far as I know, the requester has to manually approve your qualification request. A worker can often request a qualification and you'll never see a response, as they either already have all the workers qualified that they need, or they don't see or care about the request, don't have time to go through the backlog of all the workers requesting the qual, they have a dummy qualification up so people can't work while the HIT is being tested, etc.

You should get an e-mail from mturk at the account you registered if a qualification is assigned. Someone please correct me if any of this is incorrect information.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leefyg For This Useful Post:

Thank you so much, leefyg . . that's the most clarifying answer I've gotten so far

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leefyg View Post
    As far as I know, the requester has to manually approve your qualification request. A worker can often request a qualification and you'll never see a response, as they either already have all the workers qualified that they need, or they don't see or care about the request, don't have time to go through the backlog of all the workers requesting the qual, they have a dummy qualification up so people can't work while the HIT is being tested, etc.

You should get an e-mail from mturk at the account you registered if a qualification is assigned. Someone please correct me if any of this is incorrect information.
    I think I can correct a couple of points here, but it is not significant. Some qual requests are auto-granted when requested, and I don't always get an email when a qual is granted.

berly57, if you are going the through the Qualifications tab and requesting quals, one major thing to note is that a lot of requesters simply aren't around any longer. I would recommend pursuing quals for HITs that are currently active.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks

I'm still confused on this as well. I took a qualification test for a requestor and I'm 99% sure I passed it. A green box popped up and said, congratulations, I was granted a value of "7," but then the HIT disappeared. I've had similar situations like this happen before when trying to qualify for specific HITs. What's the deal?
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 593 Posts

All the tasks could have been completed by the time you finished the qualification test. The good news is you have a qualification value now for if/when more tasks are published.

Thanks

Sometimes you can be granted a qualification at a lower value if you miss a certain number of questions as well. So say your hit calls for the "Booger Picker Qual" with a value of 8, and you take the test get qual and it's only a value of 7 then you still can't do the HIT. So if you saw the HIT under the All HITs link then after you took the qual you searched for it under All HITs available to you it won't appear if the value isn't the same.

You may be a doctor. But I'm the Doctor. The definite article, you might say.

Thanks

Thanks for the explanation dreadnought!
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks

so a year later...
    I'm a newbie lurker and always wondering what I can possibly add to any thread on these forums. so far? nothing.
    these qualifications are a mystery to me, and I've spent more time than I want to say searching for answers. I get the "request qual" stuff that's been written, and I'll probably never be given the secret handshake. Bottom line is I just keep plugging away...today I rec'd an mturk email saying I've been given, well here:
    Qualification: Qualification_1
    Requester: CeDEx - Nottingham
    Qualification Value: 100
    I haven't a clue, although I remember doing a survey and getting paid.
    Anybody?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 593 Posts

Most likely a qual you were assigned either to prevent you from retaking the survey or possibly to qualify you for any follow up surveys they may have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast