We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

View Poll Results: Why haven't you tried chat?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can't figure out how to use it.

2 14.29%
  • There's never anyone there when I stop in.

2 14.29%
  • I don't have the time.

6 42.86%
  • Something else

5 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever checked out our chat room?

Thanks

Have you ever checked out our chat room?

As a person that is in the chat room all day, every day during the week I would love to see more new faces come and join us in there. It's not just chit chat or just work chat. We talk about hits, we alert each other when great hits come up and now there's even a way to get fast alerts from TA right in the chat room. I have mIRC which will play a sound whenever somebody alerts hits that I want to work on. I don't have to tell you how great that is, we all need to step away from the computer now and then. I have made some great friends in there as well.
    What I would like to know is, if you haven't tried out the chat room, why haven't you?
    They call me the Hiphopopotamus. My lyrics are bottomless.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosengurtle For This Useful Post:

Super Sized Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,396 Times in 1,503 Posts

I keep it open in a separate tab most of the time for the turkalerts, but to talk about hits as well and share.
    When I am on dual screens I am always in there, but on my laptop, not as much.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to taintturk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,499 Times in 709 Posts

i have mirc too and its awesome! i have it set up to play separate sounds for my name and certain req so i know how urgent it is to get to my laptop lol i can hear it on the whole first floor of my house in case i need to run to the kitchen for a snack or even just sitting here working on something i know right away when one of my fav req's have work up and plus i talk a lot too

its also great when you have a question bc you get an answer pretty instantly, theres usually always someone in the chat that knows, and sometimes that person is even me lol i have learned a lot from everyone in there

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lolabear For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I would love to get into the chat room more often! It just seems like I don't have the time, since my time is somewhat limited to turk. Plus, if I've got bells and beeps going off, how will I EVER get any turking done?? I'm one of those people who .... ooh, look, a shiny penny .... where was I? .... is very easily distracted. But, ya know what? I'll make an attempt at it, um, next week, I think.
    May the hits be with you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VonDooGilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I spend my time working on AMT and I don't have much time. It seems to me going in the chat room is not spending my time wisely or being productive. I try to take some time out to log in to TN. To be jumping around to different places on TN to communicate is a waste of my time. I have never been a big fan of chat rooms.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dalturker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,413 Times in 622 Posts

Don't knock it until you try it dalturker! You'd be surprised at the amount of useful information that's posted there

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katie View Post
    Don't knock it until you try it dalturker! You'd be surprised at the amount of useful information that's posted there
    As well as HIT alerts I don't post in chat much either having a lot to do but calling it a "waste of time" definitely isn't the case in my opinion!
    When the wind of change blows some build walls while others build windmills.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frb For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katie View Post
    Well heck, Maybe I should take the time to hop over to the chat room.
    On a serious note, I really am limited on my time when it comes to being on line and I went in to the chat once and I really didn't care for it. I might try again sometime.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dalturker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I used to monitor the chat room pretty closely, but I kept getting bumped for inactivity, and logging in again each time seemed to be such a bother. Can't we just audit the room without posting?
    Have you recycled today?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HITforbrains For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,472 Times in 2,100 Posts

You can't sit there all day silent, but we've relaxed the 2 hour rule We'll also relax the posting rule.
    It's all good.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast