We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: NFL Free AGENCY!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

NFL Free AGENCY!!!!!!!!!

It's that time of year again! in 30 ish minutes Free agency starts and if you are an avid NFL fan like i am! GO LIONS!!!! Who is your favorite team and comment on your thoughts of their free agency moves! I will be in here soon talking about them lions! All i know is that our special teams is happier now that P. Harvin has gone to Seattle!

!
    How come it's a penny for your thoughts, but you have to put your two cents in?? Someones making a penny.

Let's be real you're no Lions fan, you're a fan of Barry Sanders, you know how I know? Because that's what every other fan has told me for the past
    billion years lol (Off Topic) Ever year in Madden I make sure to grab Barry and take him to the super bowl, sucks that he never got to win one.

Thanks

I will 100% debunk your Theory. Barry was a great player, but I never had great access as a child to watch him play. (+ they were never on tv...) I am a VERY BIG Lions fan! Come see my basement. Honolulu blue everywhere. (my wife hates it )
    Now that that is established!

Lions picked up some decent free agents. Not 100% sold on Bush but he will help CJ in the passing game coming out of the slot. the new RB rule is lame...

and The lions secondary got a bit better with quinn. we will see what the draft brings.
    How come it's a penny for your thoughts, but you have to put your two cents in?? Someones making a penny.

Going to be interesting to see where Matt Flynn goes. I'm thinking the Raiders make the most sense.

Jem's creativity and calm thinking are the keys to her success...oh and Synergy, too.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 439 Posts

Flynn to Oakland would be rather interesting, though I'd rather them see if Pryor can be productive/can develop after finally getting on the field, and I imagine Flynn wants to start.

As for my teams:

Ravens - lots of shake up, but I think the players leaving (aside from Lewis and Boldin) aren't the big blows the media wants to make it out to be. Pollard can't cover, Reed is getting old/is old, Kruger had one good year, Ellerbee? Yeah, whatever.

Then we land Dumervil. Like the potential there. Miss Boldin already, but I think Torrey Smith will shine and make whoever his #2 is better. Jacoby Jones is still there as well for another deep threat, and Pitta and/or Dickson should continue to be reliable as well as Rice as a receiving back.

I didn't like the $$$$$ in the Flacco contract until I saw Romo get $16 M/yr...and realized Rodgers, Ryan, etc, will likely get "Flacco money", too. Nature of the beast, I suppose.

Bucs - I hope they finally put two improving seasons together. That defense needs pass help, though. I like the combo of Freeman/Martin/Jackson/Smith on offense.

Raiders - Glad they let Palmer go. Same with Seymour and whatever other scrubs that walked. I hope they don't make any dumb decisions. Raiders need to build through the draft and get some good prospects in. I like Denarius Moore. I think they need to do something with McFadden - either somehow keep him healthy or consider dealing him and looking for a durable HB that's also solid. I love McFadden when healthy. He's...just rarely healthy.
    "I hate how the innocent get penalized for what morons and asshats do. " --Wisdom from a lady named SugaSnap

Felix (drunk): Two queens?
    Oscar: You don't have any queens!
    Felix: Two effeminate nines?

Life is my creation, is my best friend.
    Imagination is my defense.
    And I'll keep walking. The sky are grey.
    Whatever happens was meant that way.
    --Kerli: The Creationist

Thanks

As a Jets fan, I'm quite dismayed over losing Revis to TB. Commentators on ESPN made it sound as though this is a move Rex Ryan never would have agreed to, so management must have gone over his head (not exactly a vote of confidence from the higher-ups). Given that most of the payoff from the trade isn't going to be realized until the 2014 draft and that they aren't likely to replace a player of his caliber this season (or ever), 2013 is looking to be another write-off for Jets fans. Or as owners and GMs like to call it, a "year of rebuilding."

Can't wait to see what Revis does in his new home! Bad loss for the Jets though I agree...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxspecterxx View Post
    Can't wait to see what Revis does in his new home! Bad loss for the Jets though I agree...
    It will definitely be interesting to see how Revis performs with a change of scenery and a more relaxed media atmosphere. I hope he does well, but I hope the Jets don't suffer too much without him!