We are no where close to paying our June server bill. If you can help, please do! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mechanical Turk Workers Are Not Anonymous (That Includes YOU!) Please Read

Thanks

My search showed my full name and something I had on a wish list for my granddaughter. Not too harmful, I suppose. Good to check these things from time to time.
    Success comes to those who have proceeded to do what the rest of us have always intended to do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 477 Posts

Thanks spam! I checked and had 2 Hit results come up where the requester had published the data and thanked contributors by posting their the worker id.

My Amazon profile also came up, but it has a fake name. Three reviews I wrote in 2009 are shown. The only thing people can deduct from that is that I speak German.

So that's ok.

Thanks

Great. Thanks for the heads up.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am new to all this going to check it out!!

Thanks
    Wow! Just changed all my stuff to private. Thank you.

Thanks

When I put in my worker ID nothing came up. I went to the amazon link and it prompted me to complete a profile...if I do that, then will it be searchable?
    Suga.....oh Money Money

Jem's creativity and calm thinking are the keys to her success...oh and Synergy, too.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 439 Posts

Mine just showed my amazon seller stuff when I was doing that (need to get back to that...).

So other than me having a perfect rating and good feedback, they won't see much. Name is a fake/"Seller" name.

Thanks for the heads up and reminder - you can never can are able to be too careful these days.
    "I hate how the innocent get penalized for what morons and asshats do. " --Wisdom from a lady named SugaSnap

Felix (drunk): Two queens?
    Oscar: You don't have any queens!
    Felix: Two effeminate nines?

Life is my creation, is my best friend.
    Imagination is my defense.
    And I'll keep walking. The sky are grey.
    Whatever happens was meant that way.
    --Kerli: The Creationist

Quote Originally Posted by SugaSnapp View Post
    When I put in my worker ID nothing came up. I went to the amazon link and it prompted me to complete a profile...if I do that, then will it be searchable?
    If you haven't used amazon as a shopper and left ratings, don't have a wishlist and haven't been a seller then I reckon you shouldn't have anything show up. If you complete a profile, you can mark most of it as private and use a fake name and yes it will be associated with your turk number since mturk uses the same account info as your amazon account.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jumpingRabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jumpingRabbit View Post
    If you haven't used amazon as a shopper and left ratings, don't have a wishlist and haven't been a seller then I reckon you shouldn't have anything show up. If you complete a profile, you can mark most of it as private and use a fake name and yes it will be associated with your turk number since mturk uses the same account info as your amazon account.
    Interesting and confounding because I have a seller account and shop there all the time. No wishlist and I don't leave ratings. I just don't want to create a profile and then BAM all my info appear. As long as there's nothing I won't worry with it. I am probably overthinking it but I am such a privacy hound
    Suga.....oh Money Money

Thanks

I get that different people have different reasons they'd want stuff to be private, but I'm personally FINE with my wishlist, reviews, and seller account showing up if a requester looks for it. My seller account has a perfect rating, and my reviewed purchases and the sorts of items I shop for give the impression that I'm educated, intellectual, stable, etc., the way I look at it. If they're actually bothering to googlestalk us, I'd rather that they come across a few things that suggest that I'm not some two-bit moron.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eeka For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast