We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Email / contact a requester if you're not qualified for their HITs

Thanks
    Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,018 Posts

Maybe Amazon didn't like us pointing out to new requesters that they inadvertently used masters qual...
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

Super Sized Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,396 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RippedWarrior View Post
    Maybe Amazon didn't like us pointing out to new requesters that they inadvertently used masters qual...

I would guess nail on the head thar!

Quote Originally Posted by RippedWarrior View Post
    I wanted to send a message to a requester through a HIT that I am not qualified for. When I expand the HIT from my dashboard, the "Contact the Requester of this HIT" link in the lower right corner is not there. Anyone know if this something the requester may have purposefully disabled, or is it a glitch?

Thanks to anyone who knows!
    Noticed this a couple days ago. I thought I was blocked by requester from contact. Makes me feel a little better to know it's not just me.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,972 Times in 2,258 Posts

Wow, what a huge mistake! Many requesters want turkers to email them to get their private qualifications... oy vey. Amazon is only making it HARDER for us to communicate with requesters instead of easier.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

How to get around it:

a) Find the requester's ID (right click their name on mTurk, copy the link, grab the ID)
    b) Plug it in here:

Code:
    https://www.mturk.com/mturk/contact?subject=Replace+Me&requesterId=(put the ID here)
    It doesn't matter that their name is missing, it'll still email them.
    It's all good.

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks

There has been many times that I contact the requesters because they have made newbie mistakes on the qualifications or they are not aware of the default master setting. Now amazon has removed the contact link. The requesters hits that have mistakes in the qualifications need to be informed about the mistakes. Many of these hits cannot be accepted and will expire because of the qualification boo-boos. Thanks for the contact info. SG.

Thanks

Can't Contact Requesters We're Not Qualified For Anymore?

I used to do this when I see HITs come up requiring the Masters qualification to try to convince requesters that they really don't need it. I encouraged them to use qualifications like "HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98" and/or "Total approved HITs is not less than 1,000" to let others without Masters have a chance to do their HITs, and most of the requesters usually email me back saying they changed the requirements. But now it seems that Amazon has removed the link to contact requesters if you're not qualified for their HITs. :[ Now I feel powerless in how to enlighten new requesters that they don't have to pay extra to get good results.

Edit: Oops. Didn't realize this was already posted. I should have known that you guys would be aware of it already. >.>
    Last edited by joetex72; 04-07-2013 at 03:25 AM.
    Turking since April 2011.

Thanks

Wow, Thanks for that Spamgirl! I was going bonkers trying to figure out how to do this. I was able to send an email, and hope for a reply soon!

Contacting a requester

I was looking at all the high value requests that aren't available to me when I came upon one I really thought should be. When I clicked on the qualifications, it said that the requester had chosen an approval rate that "is 95." I was not eligible, as mine is 98. I'm sure this new requester meant "at least 95," and is a poor student wondering why no one will take his very well paid survey. Is there a way to tell him?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turkinok View Post
    I was looking at all the high value requests that aren't available to me when I came upon one I really thought should be. When I clicked on the qualifications, it said that the requester had chosen an approval rate that "is 95." I was not eligible, as mine is 98. I'm sure this new requester meant "at least 95," and is a poor student wondering why no one will take his very well paid survey. Is there a way to tell him?
    https://www.mturk.com/mturk/contact?...e&requesterId=(put the ID here)

Use this link and put the requester ID at the end.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

I have tried this twice- isn't working- I copied the link and it takes me to a page to email Requesters, but just says "replace me" in the top- I put the Requesters ID in and says failed to send...what am I doing wrong aside from wasting too much time on this...lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast