We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeds at the Dollar Tree

Thanks

Seeds at the Dollar Tree

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up - I went to my local Dollar Tree yesterday and there were TONS of seeds there. They had lots of vegetable seeds (peppers, tomatoes, etc), flower seeds (ie, zinnia) and even herb kits. They were also selling plastic containers to use to start growing seedlings.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to turkturk7 For This Useful Post:

Oh wow! Though it's hard to think about gardening when everything in my yard looks like it's been dipped in ice. I guess it's time to start dreaming of flowers and veggies again

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 297 Posts

I love the Dollar Tree. I'll have to check out the herbs. Nothing makes a dull recipe in to a great recipe like fresh herbs.

Thanks

Oooh interesting. I have to say I am wary of buying seeds from just anywhere though. Last year my local rural king had a variety of .10 cent seeds, and I had a really low success rate with them. It is the worst feeling to put so much work (and love!) into something, just to have it fail.

What type of seeds were these?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,815 Times in 833 Posts

Okay, I was trying to save the spring fever for later, but you had to go and bring up the subject of seeds! Not only that, but at an affordable place! I give up! If you can't lick 'em, join 'em!

Thanks

lol I wasn't in spring mode either until I saw the seeds! Sorry jamie, I don't remember the brand name but it looked like the same type they sell at Home Depot, etc. I live in Georgia so that is probably why they are already selling spring stuff here.. supposed to be in the 60's next week!

Thanks

This totally gets me riled up for a new season of gardening at my new house!!!

Rural King has seeds here now, I saw them yesterday when the fiance and I were in looking for chooks.

The Dollar Tree seeds don't have many in the package, but I've had great success with them. They are mostly older heirloom varieties that may not have all the bells and whistles of the hybrids, but they do fine for me. I love growing the old-timey varieties.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amiew - Closed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I bought a TON of Rural King seeds last year when they were on sale for 10/ $1.00...it turns out you get what you pay for. Very few sprouted, I was so disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by siamesegun View Post
    This totally gets me riled up for a new season of gardening at my new house!!!

Rural King has seeds here now, I saw them yesterday when the fiance and I were in looking for chooks.

Quote Originally Posted by amiew View Post
    The Dollar Tree seeds don't have many in the package, but I've had great success with them. They are mostly older heirloom varieties that may not have all the bells and whistles of the hybrids, but they do fine for me. I love growing the old-timey varieties.
    I was just going to ask if anyone has had any luck in growing Dollar Tree seeds, thanks! I think I'll give them a try as I like the heirloom varieties too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast