We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Turk Alert

Thanks

Can you include the number of hits posted and rate of pay on the watchlist and/or in the email alerts?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 477 Posts

What about the fact that I don't get alerts for many of the requesters on my watchlist? Other have or had the same problem, some reported never getting any alerts at all. Has this problem already been looked into?

Thanks spam! As always you are doing an outstanding job!

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Another thing is this: the list on the TA page includes all Hits. Since I'm not in the US more than half of them are not for me. Is there a way that the country qual can be included in the list we see? Otherwise it takes too much time for me to open the Hits and check if I can work on them or not.

Thanks

Every single time I receive a Turk alert, the hits are already gone. I'm guessing this refers to the post above about refresh rate?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 2,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    What about the fact that I don't get alerts for many of the requesters on my watchlist? Other have or had the same problem, some reported never getting any alerts at all. Has this problem already been looked into?
    The problem is that we're throttled from scraping mTurk too frequently. That means any HITs which disappear before we can scrape won't alert

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moffett View Post
    Every single time I receive a Turk alert, the hits are already gone. I'm guessing this refers to the post above about refresh rate?
    And that's another thing we can't do anything about mTurk just won't let us refresh fast enough.
    It's all good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spamgirl View Post
    The problem is that we're throttled from scraping mTurk too frequently. That means any HITs which disappear before we can scrape won't alert [COLOR="CadetBlue"]
    Spam, that might be the reason in some cases but I'm positive that often it is not. For example, when requester semrel puts Hits up in German language they sit there for almost a day - probably not enough German takers because they pay alright. But I rarely get an alert for those, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 2,088 Posts

I'll look into it
    It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    Spam, that might be the reason in some cases but I'm positive that often it is not. For example, when requester semrel puts Hits up in German language they sit there for almost a day - probably not enough German takers because they pay alright. But I rarely get an alert for those, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
    I just tried to fix this by making the TA scraper scrape page 1 of HITs and page 2 of new HITs. This should solve the problem in 99% of cases.

Let me know if you notice an improvement
    When the wind of change blows some build walls while others build windmills.

Quote Originally Posted by moneygirl View Post
    Can you include the number of hits posted and rate of pay on the watchlist and/or in the email alerts?
    Sorry it took so long to reply to this. We can include the rate of pay in email (it's already on the watchlist and I'll try to get around to that this week), but we can't include the number of HITs posted because it would be wildly inaccurate. We try to alert as soon as possible, and because HITs on Mechanical Turk are posted one by one, it would never be accurate (probably always ≤ 100).
    When the wind of change blows some build walls while others build windmills.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frb For This Useful Post:

I would just so love to have meaningful detail: approval rating, >100, US, qualifications granted/needed...
    all would be useful, but some will be better than none.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to luthie For This Useful Post:

Super Sized Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,502 Posts

I dont know if it is possible, but I wish i could get alerts for specific hits as opposed to requesters.

I know we have that in the chat room, but sometimes I don't want to be in chat getting distracted by all the sexy turkers flirting with me.
    I know you all want me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to taintturk For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast