We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guilty Pleasure Dinners for One

breakfast for dinner! my husband is currently deployed overseas. i like eating pancakes or waffles for dinner while watching the evening news.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 356 Posts

My husband buggered off a couple of years ago, so now I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. No more having to have a meaty meal on the table (I'm vegetarian) so he doesn't complain about the lack of meat. Veggie burrito? That'll do nicely

Thanks
    Thanked 37,526 Times in 10,671 Posts

1) Go to Publix- get roasted chicken--lasts two days. Use bones, make chicken soup. 2) Get a little lean beef, not much. Put oil in big pot, brown beef. Put in water up to half of pot. Pour in frozen veggies--all stuff. Put In lentils. Put in barley. Put in split peas. Will last you three days.

Thanks

honest to God my favorite comfort food is jazzed up Ramen noodles. Don't laugh! Any old brand of ramen with or without seasoning, add in some soy sauce, sriracha hot sauce, sesame oil, sliced green onions and any other veggie scraps I have left over (mushrooms, more onions, anything!) but most importantly, I poach an egg right before I am done cooking the noodles and I turn off the heat while the egg yolk is nice and creamy still. I swear I am drooling just thinking about the yumminess! Warm, comforting, quick and cheap to boot! Can't beat that in my book.

Here are my single person meals:

-Bowl of basmati rice with olive oil, nutritional yeast, and two over easy eggs on top
    -Can of beans (black or kidney) with nutritional yeast and two over easy eggs mixed in
    -Bagel slices with melted cheese, avocado, tomato, sprouts, etc.
    -Personal pizza (baked in a cake pan). Same as a regular sized pizza except way less amounts of everything. I mix tomatoes, oil, and onions in a food processor for the sauce.
    -Shells or elbow macaroni with olive oil and shredded cheese
    -Silver rice noodles with vegetables
    -Maple syrup malt-o-meal
    -Annie's macaroni and cheese

Thanks

If I have time, homemade bacon cheeseburger and homemade french fries.
    If I have a bit of time, homemade carbonara pasta with blue cheese and bacon. Or smoked sausages ciorba with kidney beans.
    If I am in a hurry, fried sliced thuringher sausages with a hint of olive oil and sweet corn or red kidney beans. Or a tomato salad with olive oil, lemon juice, green onions, feta and bacon.
    (yes, I love smoked bacon )

Alaskan king crab legs, lots of lemon juice and hot butter (I use a warmer, so it stays hot). I stock up when they are on sale, then break them out with crusty French bread. (I eat my vegetables later)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123