We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guilty Pleasure Dinners for One

Guilty Pleasure Dinners for One

I really love to cook but not if it’s just for me. In this case, I go for convenience. I LOVE MASHED POTATOES AND GRAVY but my husband really doesn’t so if I find that I will be eating alone at home, I have an easy dinner that I like to make for myself. It’s frozen chicken drummies, instant mashed potatoes and instant gravy. I still have the convenience of a carry out meal but cheaper and not much fuss. I look forward to this secret meal of mine.

A friend told me that she loves to make chicken pot pies for herself. Any other convenient, stay at home dinner ideas for one?

Thanks

If I'm home alone, which isn't often, I love to make homemade mac & cheese. Really simple, I just use thin spaghetti, milk and sliced American cheese. LOTS of cheese. It's really hard to make this for one, so I always eat way too much

Thanks
    Thanked 37,726 Times in 10,721 Posts

After my husband died, there is only one guilty pleasure--if I can afford it---a Poeterhouse steak--I share bone with my dog.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn View Post
    After my husband died, there is only one guilty pleasure--if I can afford it---a Poeterhouse steak--I share bone with my dog.
    I share my mac & cheese with my dog too! She normally doesn't eat "people" food, so this is her guilty pleasure too

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 297 Posts

I'm not a big fan of cooking when I'm alone. I like to go to the buffet place near my house that serves all you can eat steak for dinner.
    I eat till I'm stuffed. I feel a little guilty but full.

Thanks

Plain artichokes dunked in a buttery sauce or an everything but the cutting board salad. My significant other prefers a meatier quick eats kind of meal so slowly savoring veggies when he isn't around almost makes up for his absence.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Michi0122 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mac n' cheese. Kraft original or homemade is even better. Mmm...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn View Post
    I am truly sorry about your husband Carolyn. If Amazon sells steaks, I'd love to get you a gift card to buy a Porterhouse.

You all can enjoy your guilty pleasures more by making double or triple batches of your favorites and freeze the leftovers in single servings.
    Mac-N-Cheese freezes very nicely and about the only things I have not tried are eggs or sandwiches. Whatever container you freeze in, use a
    piece of Saran Wrap and kind of pat it down over the food before putting the lid on. You'll be able to sneak in a bowl of guilt any time you want.
    freezes very nicely.
    "At any given moment you have the power to say this is not how the story is going to end." Unknown

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Grodgers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 37,726 Times in 10,721 Posts

1) I buy whatever cheese is on sale at deli counter---in a block--for me 1/2 pound. It cheaper than sliced cheese in a package. I use my old time grater. I grate cheese.
    2) I saute onions in olive oil --plenty.
    3)I cook what ever pasta I like.
    4) I put a little cheese on bottom of big bowl. I then layer cheese and pasta
    5) I put sauteed onions with oil over top. Add pepper and hot peppers. I cannot use salt. But use a little if you can.

Blocks of cheese and any type of bread!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast