We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Complete HITs Without Getting a Rejection (well, for the most part)

Make sure everything is legit, including the "submit" button, before accepting the HIT. One requester directly linked the fake submit button to an error page, rendering the entire HIT useless. I was irked, to say the least.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blackbox For This Useful Post:

What was the point of that?

Thanks

If a HIT doesn't seem to be working right, like the survey link sends you to an invalid page or gives you a server error, contact the Requester & let them know specifically what problem/s you had attempting the HIT. The, return the HIT. This helps them get it fixed faster. I've received compensation through a HIT made specifically for me for bringing it to a Requester's attention!

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fahsky For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks

These are all great tips. I agree about reading every word. That has saved me so many times from messing up. Also I keep my turker ID in an open word doc to copy when I need it. I can also put a screen print of instructions in that doc in case I need to read them again.
    "Off to work I go..."

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sdawson For This Useful Post:

If you've followed all of the above (or not) and you DO get a rejection, contact the requester and politely ask what you did wrong, emphasizing your interest in doing quality work. The worst they are likely to do is ignore you. I have had rejections reversed doing this, learned a lot, and seem to be forming relationships with a couple of requesters whose hits I enjoy. If you enjoy doing their hits, tell them. That means something to the good ones out there.

Laurie
    Last edited by hermitsoul; 02-02-2013 at 06:06 PM.

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to hermitsoul For This Useful Post:

Yep, happened to me yesterday. Bummer!

For me, I copy the instructions page into a notepad before continuing with the hit. Quite often find that I need to re-review the instructions to make sure I get it right.
    (Kudos to the hit makers who do include an easy way to re-review the instructions - more like that please )

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fluclo For This Useful Post:

> Also I keep my turker ID in an open word doc to copy when I need it

I have actually written a short autohotkey command to type it in for me on F12 click

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grun For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sometimes they'll tell you to ignore the submit butting and click on a certain word or the logo at the top of the survey to submit to see if you're paying attention. It's really easy to miss because even if you read the directions carefully for the whole survey, most people (including me!) will hit the submit button at the end without thinking

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to td9330 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I always at least skim the consent form for surveys, because once someone hid a "secret word" in there and then asked for it at the end of the survey. I wasted like half an hour of my time for nothing.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to td9330 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast