We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Complete HITs Without Getting a Rejection (well, for the most part)

This is a good one, because it's happened to me as well. Also, sometimes when my mouse just hovers over a button it activates it, so I'm careful where I have my cursor.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cyndyg For This Useful Post:

I also have a wayward cursor. If I dont type fast enough sometimes it gets bored and wants to visit other words. I havent had any hit submit via the enter button. Quite often those hits go through the twilight zone and end up in the "hits assigned to you". Took me a week or so to realize this. If I have a hit that gives a long time to work on it, I find that I can just click on any tab when Im working on the hit and it will send it itself to the hit assigned to you section. Just go back to it when your ready. If any of this doesnt make sense, its 5 am. Ask me to explain if needed.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to comethunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah, and if their instructions etc. are unclear, then it's pretty likely they suck in the communication/logic department and won't be willing to discuss it with you and come to some sort of reasonable consensus. Go with your first impression regarding whether a HIT looks sketchy or professional!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eeka For This Useful Post:

I think that you shouldn't be afraid to return hits that you are unsure about. If it takes you more than 10 seconds than usual, don't waste your time trying to figure it out. Return it and get another one that is easier. Someone out there will know the answer, and you won't risk rejection.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shebillah For This Useful Post:

Read the reviews on the requestors. If they have a 1-2 score on Fair and a lot of rejects for no reason or because they use "majority rules" as an approval mechanism, you will likely get some rejects no matter how careful you are.

I know it's been said before, but RETURN hits that are not clear. Seriously, there's no reason to bang your head against the wall trying to figure out a set of poorly written instructions and then wind up with a rejection because you didn't do what the requestor wanted.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jules For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shebillah View Post
    I think that you shouldn't be afraid to return hits that you are unsure about. If it takes you more than 10 seconds than usual, don't waste your time trying to figure it out. Return it and get another one that is easier. Someone out there will know the answer, and you won't risk rejection.
    This. I'm far from stupid, but sometimes I can't quite grasp what they're asking of me. Rather than risk a rejection, I return the hit.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyxalinth For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rosewater View Post
    Here's one: Don't get mad at a crappy requestor, finish and submit their hit with a pissy note.
    Along this same line... One thing I learned is if you get to the end of a HIT and they ask you for your email, you should return the HIT and report them. I had one that I worked on that was very long, and at the end of it they asked me for my email, which I know is a violation of Amazon's TOS. Instead of returning the HIT (and because I was mad they asked and wasted my time) I provided a fake email. I finished the HIT and submitted it. They didn't reject the HIT, but they did block me, which I tend to think is worse. I should have just reported the jerks...

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ToniRod For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ToniRod View Post
    Along this same line... One thing I learned is if you get to the end of a HIT and they ask you for your email, you should return the HIT and report them. I had one that I worked on that was very long, and at the end of it they asked me for my email, which I know is a violation of Amazon's TOS. Instead of returning the HIT (and because I was mad they asked and wasted my time) I provided a fake email. I finished the HIT and submitted it. They didn't reject the HIT, but they did block me, which I tend to think is worse. I should have just reported the jerks...
    Another end of the hit tip; if they ask you for comments/feedback say thank you and/or provide a kind suggestion or thought. I do this for every hit I can and have received +$13.00 in bonuses this month alone. I can't think of anything else with which to attribute the high bonus payments, so I assume it is from the thank you.

16. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to KaAlSw For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Make sure you understand the instructions and the consent forms.
    Attention checks aren't always in the middle of surveys, they can
    be done very early to ensure you pay attention from the very start.
    Answering wrong will make you ineligible & earns a rejection....a double whammy.

Check & search forum posts before doing hits:
    **Requesters: what they expect and truthful opinions of them-Not all info is in Hall of Shame/Fame
    Some offer guidance manuals, and/or communicate on the forum. Take advantage of
    this, it may not apply now, but it could be valuable later.

This forum is filled with information & tips from fellow turkers about about starting and doing well without rejection.

**Anything else you want to know, I still read through older threads and continue to learn.

The more you read, the more you learn,
    the more you learn, the more you earn.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Grodgers For This Useful Post:

My main rule is "When in doubt, skip or return."

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Renee1061 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast