We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you kiss your pets?

I can understand why most owners kiss their dogs on the lips but I can't. He is dear to me but i can't.

Not intentionally. However, we've got one dog that will jump up and plant a big wet one right on the mouth.

One of my microbiology professors, a retired medical school professor, claimed that it was healthier to kiss a dog than to kiss a human. He had a humorous bit where he'd go around the room and grill us on whether we would rather kiss our dog or our significant other. Then he'd go into the difference in human and dog microbiota (the microbes living in and on us). I'm still not fond of being kissed on the mouth by a dog!

Yes, and sometimes when the cats lick the lids
    from the cat food, they kiss my hand.

Thanks

I used to kiss all my cats. Now I only kiss Stewie and Jasmine ever since Patches has earned the new nickname Stinky!!!! She's so gross but I still love her. She only gets kisses on shower days. Yes you read that right. She has severe seizures so has to sleep in a crate for her own safety. Also she never learned or bothered to clean herself. When she has her seizures she often pees on herself and gets covered in it. I know, gross. Thankfully she is a little weirdo that likes to take a shower with me so every few days she gets at least a quick rinse, and about once a week gets a real cleaning. After the showers though she gets so much love while she gets cuddled in a big fluffy blanket to dry.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,874 Times in 9,153 Posts

My dog kisses me--how can I refuse!

Thanks

I thought it was illegal to kiss animals in states other than Kentucky.
    Looking for something?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MackW For This Useful Post:

My neighbor's dog, Zoey, who I am quite fond of and take for walks, "kisses" me by quickly(usually) licking my nose. Then she walks back into the apartment and I leave. It's a sort of good-bye ritual. I agree that back in the day it was considered disgusting to have a dog kiss you or lick your face, but now I'm seeing more and more pictiures of people and dogs kissing.

Thanks

Used to kiss my lab a lot & he'd kiss right back. gone to the big hunting ground in the sky now, so my neihbor's dog gets all the attention!

jdecki
    My dog isn't much of a licker...except for when the kids have food on their faces and then she kindly cleans them off for me. LOL

That being said, I don't mind other people kissing their pets or their pets kissing them. Once in a while my dog will put her face next to mine and press in like we're face-hugging and I think it's sweet.

This thread makes me want to go give her a belly rub right now!

Jen

Thanks

I'm not a big pet kissing fan, but not super grossed out by others, unless they let the animal put their tongue in the mouth or up their nose.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast