We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you kiss your pets?

Yep. Guilty. I kiss the tops of their heads all the time. My husband thinks it's silly because they don't understand human kisses, but I only have 1 that looks at me like I'm crazy, and the others at least like the cuddles that go with it.

Thanks

On the top of the head, never mouth-to-mouth. On the other hand, I have a friend that will stick his guinea pigs' heads in his mouth, just because he thinks it's funny that they don't care.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Thanks

Yep, I'm a kitty kisser lol As others have said though, it's on the top of the head or side of the face. I do have a cat that's obsessed with licking though and I am guilty of letting her lick my hands. It just seems to make her so damn happy lol When I had a dog, I had a no lick policy since she liked to aim right for your mouth when you spoke to her heh

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MysNyx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 297 Posts

I have a Chihuahua that is about 6 months old. I kiss her on her forehead all the time. I heard a dog trainer say we treat out pets to much like children.
    I'm very guilty of that.

Thanks

No I do not because they are always licking themselves and that alone is enough for me to not let them lick me, but I do give them hugs and tell the I love them.

Thanks

I kiss my dog on his head and sides of the face and let him kiss my face except for my lips! He's my baby!

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gabby354 View Post
    Yep. Guilty. I kiss the tops of their heads all the time. My husband thinks it's silly because they don't understand human kisses, but I only have 1 that looks at me like I'm crazy, and the others at least like the cuddles that go with it.
    Oh, I completely think they get it! And when I call my dog in from another room and tell him to give me a kiss, he runs right in and licks my face! And ever since I had my little boy and I ask him for a kiss, the dog will come running to give me one!

Quote Originally Posted by MysNyx View Post
    Yep, I'm a kitty kisser lol As others have said though, it's on the top of the head or side of the face. I do have a cat that's obsessed with licking though and I am guilty of letting her lick my hands. It just seems to make her so damn happy lol When I had a dog, I had a no lick policy since she liked to aim right for your mouth when you spoke to her heh
    Really how could you NOT kiss that adorable kitteh face? What a cutie!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NotSuzyHomemaker For This Useful Post:

Of course! A couple of my dogs love to be hugged and smooched though I have one that tolerates hugs but doesn't really like them. We only have one lickey dog and we've got him to the point of licking the air instead of our skin. He still does drive-by licks though, lol. Doesn't seem to care if it's skin, clothing, or whatever. He's just a goofy lab that can't seem to control his tongue.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nwdealdiva For This Useful Post:

Only on the head, not on the lips! I've seen where her mouth has been.

When I was a kid, I didn't think much about it. That's how my dogs like to show affection. they would knock either me, or my older brother down, and lick our faces. I never thought it was disgusting. I mean, dog breath isn't the most pleasant thing on the planet, but I never felt it was the worst.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cbjones For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast