We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: All answers about abandoning HITs are here

My abandoned hit count comes from the crappy internet connection. I'll be in the middle of a hit, work away, finish it, click submit... OOOPS internet is off.. wait wait wait wait. Comes back on -- Sorry your time is up! <abandoned hit count +1> *sigh*

I think I got a few abandoned HITs during batches where I'd go to accept a HIT and it'd say "this HIT is unavailable" or something to that effect, only to find that I had inadvertently accepted a HIT or maybe a few that I didn't know were in my queue. When I saw the abandoned HITs I had I was concerned since I didn't remember accepting any and then not finishing--even with a few close calls like hits that took almost as long as the time limit or my internet connection dropping out halfway through. But I think I figured it out and always check my "HITs assigned to you" queue before leaving for the day or in between long HITs just to be sure.

Thanks
    After 3 years of turking, I have found only 1 requester that uses the abandonment rate as a qualifier. I don't remember who it was but they required a <1% abandon rate, and at the time I had ~1.3% (I only had like 200 approvals at that point). I haven't seen it since.

The important stats are # of HITs approved and HIT approval rate. The others are not important.

Red face Ack! I'm such a rattlehead! A Newbie's Lament

Perhaps this will save other newbies from my mistake.

I submitted several surveys yesterday only to discover that they were marked as ABANDONED. It was my rattleheaded fault, I hit the ACCEPT HIT button after I submitted my completion code. Weird, I know.

You know how you get that panic sweat on your upper lip when you realize you've really messed up? That was me early this morning. However, it was a relief to identify where I had gone off the rails and today I have a number of submission sitting in PENDING. ahhhh, I can breathe again!

BTW, is there any way to salvage the surveys that wound up in abandoned column?

Goody

another big whew! So happy I joined this forum, full of good info

There is a recent requester who is only giving you 4 minutes to do a hit about writing down email and name and city information. First you have to look up the information. If any of the names are long there is no way to do it in 4 minutes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,376 Times in 425 Posts

I recently received a block from a requester. As I had been doing quite a few hits for them I don't think it was related to quality of work but rather the day before I had left my auto accept on for their hits and was away from the computer so until my captcha stopped it from accepting more all of those hits were abandoned. I believe this is why I was blocked. It was a photo moderation requester so it makes some sense if they are waiting for the photos to be reviewed to allow them to be posted they don't want people grabbing a bunch and then not doing them.
    Fishing for good HITS

8. The Following User Says Thank You to liav410 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 1,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liav410 View Post
    I recently received a block from a requester. As I had been doing quite a few hits for them I don't think it was related to quality of work but rather the day before I had left my auto accept on for their hits and was away from the computer so until my captcha stopped it from accepting more all of those hits were abandoned. I believe this is why I was blocked. It was a photo moderation requester so it makes some sense if they are waiting for the photos to be reviewed to allow them to be posted they don't want people grabbing a bunch and then not doing them.
    This is great information, and thank you for sharing!

EDIT: OH I'm sorry you got blocked!
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314