We need to sell enough forum packages to pay our June server bill. If you can help, please do! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: All answers about abandoning HITs are here

All answers about abandoning HITs are here

Basically, I clicked that a HIT was broken as nothing actually appeared, and now it's counted as an abandoned HIT.

Now I've not done many HITs (Non US turker so less is available and I still don't do very many a week), so how will this affect me?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maglib For This Useful Post:

Super Sized Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,396 Times in 1,503 Posts

Abandoned means next to nothing, don't worry about that one, Approval means everything.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taintturk For This Useful Post:

Right. It's very rare for requesters to disallow people from working on their HITs based on their abandon rate, but very common for them to do so based on their approval rate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A2-D2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks for asking this, I have been wondering the same as I've been in the same situation.

I have a relatively high abandon rate because when I was new to this, I didn't realize that I had to return a broken hit even after I reported it as broken. After you report a broken hit, you can view (and return) it under "Hits Assigned to You" at the top right of the MTurk dashboard.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sportscaster For This Useful Post:

It shows I abandoned when I didn't?

I haven't done any work in a week or so and I watch my stats closely. Somehow in the week I didn't work I suddenly show two abandoned HIT's, I am a little confused how those appear when I have not abandoned any. Does this happen often? I can not even figure out how to see what HIT's they were.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hennamom For This Useful Post:

You most likely accepted those 2 hits the previous week and they had an extended timer which carried over into the following week.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to major40 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,019 Posts

I have been vexed by something similar - as far as I know, I've only abandoned one HIT (timed out while I was working on it), yet my dashboard says I've abandoned 31 HITs.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 593 Posts

Occasionally, if you have auto-accept checked, the system will pick up extra HITs that you may not notice. At least it happens to me sometimes. I finally figured it out because I would get the "you have already submitted this HIT" or something to that effect in a red box at the top of the next HIT. You just have to check HITs assigned and there they are, timer clicking down.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bid For This Useful Post:

Super Sized Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,396 Times in 1,503 Posts

Either way, don't worry about abandoned rate, it means next to nothing.

I have only seen maybe one or two hits in four years use it as a qualification and it was in error when they did.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taintturk For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast