We are no where close to paying our June server bill. If you can help, please do! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Requesters: How to Reverse a Rejection (reversing rejections)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,464 Times in 2,444 Posts

New method of reversing rejections: http://turkernation.com/showthread.p...erse+rejection
    It's all good.

Thanks

I wanna say thanks for setting this up techlist. Had a requester that could not give me a reversal, sent him this script and it was done promptly. Thanks again!

Requester
    Thanks

30 day limit.

http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AW...Operation.html

ApproveRejectedAssignment works only on rejected assignments that were submitted within the previous 30 days and only if the assignment's related HIT has not been disposed.
    Quote Originally Posted by techlist View Post
    I'd imagine there is some period within which a reversal needs to happen, but my guess is it's much longer than 45 days. Requester transaction history on the MTurk site goes back 18 months so we know that at least for approved/paid assignments there is a record of date/hitid/assignmentid/amount. As long as the rejection is in your account history as a worker it probably should be reversible.

Anyway, no harm in trying...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to whoever For This Useful Post:

cscgroup
    Hi

I notice that this function approves a previously rejected HIT i.e. removes the rejected ratings & awards the payment to the Worker.

Is there any function that removes the rejected ratings, BUT in the process not awarding the payment to the worker? Just purely removing the rejected rating.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nab911 View Post
    I wanna say thanks for setting this up techlist. Had a requester that could not give me a reversal, sent him this script and it was done promptly. Thanks again!
    That's just awesome. Thanks for sharing!

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cscgroup View Post
    Is there any function that removes the rejected ratings, BUT in the process not awarding the payment to the worker? Just purely removing the rejected rating.
    A common desire, but it's never been possible. An assignment is either rejected with no pay or approved with pay. Of course it's always possible for a requester and worker to come to an accommodation by which a HIT is approved and paid and the worker does some extra task to make up the difference...
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest." -- Mark Twain

http://mturk.techlist.com

Thanks
    Thank you!

HELP!

When the assignment ID is typed in the MTurk Rejection Reverser (MRR) how does it know which Worker ID to un-reject? Does the assignment ID relate to the HIT or does it relate to a particular MTurk Worker ID? A Requester is having trouble reversing a rejection -- they have tried both API and MRR without success.

Thanks.

They give them both- the assignment ID and the worker ID along with the date of submission and the date of the rejection. What are they having a hard time with?

Here are the steps:
    Click the link to contact Amazon (MTurk): https://requester.mturk.com/contactus
    Greetings from Mechanical Turk.
    Please write back with the complete information listed below:
    For each HIT which needs un rejection please supply the following:
    1. Assignment IDs
    2. Worker IDs
    3. Date(s) of HIT submission
    4. HIT Rejection Date
    5. Confirmation that you have funds available on your account to pay for the HITs.
    Please note this process can take up to 3-5 business days to be completed once we have this information.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rosewater For This Useful Post:

Rosewater ... thanks for your response.

Requesters no longer have to go directly to Amazon to reverse rejections. It can be done by the Requester through API or the MTurk Rejection Reverser created by Techlist. This Requester is having trouble doing it the new and improved way through both of the new methods available to Requesters.

Aha...well maybe they should try the tried and true way and send the simple email form...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rosewater For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast