We are no where close to paying our June server bill. If you can help, please do! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Requesters: How to Reverse a Rejection (reversing rejections)

MTurk Rejection Reverser

Hi All,

There is a relatively new functionality in the MTurk API that allows requesters to reverse a prior rejection.

This means a requester can un-reject an assignment in a few seconds rather than going through a cumbersome and unreliable process via email with Amazon.

For requesters who use the API, they'll just need to look up the "ApproveRejectedAssignment" call.

For the majority of requesters who do not use the API, I've created a web tool that will allow them to plug three fields into a form and reverse an incorrectly-rejected assignment:

Here is a screen shot showing a rejected assignment that I just approved (big surprise, I make mistakes). The red text is the confirmation from Amazon.

Being able to quickly and easily undo a rejection is a huge help to me as a requester and is quite good news for workers as well.

Cheers,
    techlist

Spamgirl adds: If your requester balks at providing their requester access key to another website, they have two options:

1. Install the code on their own site: http://www.techlist.com/mturk/unReject.txt

2. Read mTurk's official blog for instructions: http://mechanicalturk.typepad.com/bl...interface.html

2. The Following 62 Users Say Thank You to techlist For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks

Such fantastic news! Thanks for dropping some knowledge!

I've been fortunate not to be on the receiving end of an unjust mass rejection, but thanks a bunch for outlining the process. It seems far too many have been burned in the past only to be told nothing can be done.

Closed Account
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 530 Posts

That is so awesome of you to share! The process was so hard before and unfair rejections would linger for so long because requesters had to get Amazon to work with them. Thanks for the info

Thank you for sharing that with us.

Nice to see they finally implemented it in the API Hopefully this means that the ability to do it in the dashboard isn't far off since then it can be done by the non-techie requesters too since they make a lot of boo-boos.

Thanks

That is awesome. Now if we can only get those who unfairly/mass/accidentally reject to utilize this.
    There's a hundred-thousand streets in this city. You don't need to know the route. You give me a time and a place, I give you a five minute window. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything happens a minute either side of that and you're on your own. Do you understand?
    -Driver

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ygnd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing. Please, everyone, share this with the world!!!
    Like a good neighbor, I'm there.

Since a few people mentioned mass/batch rejections, we updated the tool to accept a bunch of AssignmentIds at once.

Still at https://www.techlist.com/mturk/unReject.php

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to techlist For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks

This is great - I have bookmarked this thread in case I need it going forward.

Thank you!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast