Follow David Bressler on Turk Alert | Check out David Bressler's HITs on mTurk

Follow AudioKite on Turk Alert | Check out AudioKite's HITs on mTurk

Thread: CrowdSource Raises $12.5 Million in Series A Funding

CrowdSource Raises $12.5 Million in Series A Funding

http://www.crowdsourcing.org/editori...-funding/20554

“The goal is not to have the most workers but the best and most loyal workers,” CrowdSource’s Suzanne Obszanski told Crowdsourcing.org. “We have a proprietary worker profiling, testing and career system, which will take CrowdSource to the next level in terms of quality of work and scale. At the end of the day, worker recruitment, worker testing and worker qualification are the lifeblood of crowdsourcing.”

“With these new funds, we will continue building our worker management software, increase our sales team and expand our service offerings into other verticals,” she explained. “CrowdSource has a list of additional features that it plans to add to its suite of services to remain in front of the evolving industry.”
    When the wind of change blows some build walls while others build windmills.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frb For This Useful Post:

Wonder if payouts will increase for people who do their work?
    One must choose in life between boredom and suffering.-Madame De Stael

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Timothyj For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timothyj View Post
    Wonder if payouts will increase for people who do their work?
    I think they might be with the new top tier writing qual.
    When the wind of change blows some build walls while others build windmills.

Hoo-Rah for Crowdsourse.
    The small amount of work I qualify to do for Crowdsourse didn't reflect the phenomenal profit* from last year,
    so I don't expect the extra 12.5 Million will either. It may raise pay for more-better qualifications, which are well
    deserved, but howz about an increase across the board on a sliding scale?

In any event, thanks for the information frb.

*412% sticks in my craw for some reason, please correct me if that is wrong.
    "At any given moment you have the power to say this is not how the story is going to end." Unknown